Vista Banter

-   -   Maximum Drive Size Allowable? (http://www.vistabanter.com/145854-maximum-drive-size-allowable.html)

Mr.DOug November 7th 08 08:10 AM

Maximum Drive Size Allowable?

I've got a Vista 64bit Ultimate machine with an Adaptec RAID card in it. I've
tried several array sizes even a (RAID0 4TB), but the maximum that Vista
displays in Disk Management is 2TB. Whuddup with that?

NormCameron November 7th 08 08:45 AM

Maximum Drive Size Allowable?

I believe the 2 Terrabyte limitation in Vista applies to a ststem or
Boot disk. This might be worth a read

'Windows and GPT FAQ: Version 1.1'
(http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...e/GPT_FAQ.mspx)

--
NormCameron

SCSIraidGURU November 7th 08 02:39 PM

Maximum Drive Size Allowable?

2TB is a NTFS limitation. WinFS was suppose to be 16EB, 16,000 TB. I
would not recommend a OS partition on RAID 0 of 2 TB. I would do RAID 1
for OS for fault tolerance and recovery from a drive failure or cabling
issue.

--
SCSIraidGURU

Michael A. McKenney