Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   How to get permission (http://www.vistabanter.com/145912-how-get-permission.html)

hogarth27 November 7th 08 11:25 PM

How to get permission

Bad day. Missed the UPS with my new HDTV stuff. Accidentally moved my
DOCUMENTS file to recycle bin. I try to restore and it tells me I need
permission.
My USER account supposedly has administrative powers.
How do I get permission, and why is not my power enough to get
permission?

Home premium, HP pavilllion.
thanks

--
hogarth27

usasma November 8th 08 10:46 AM

How to get permission

Try this - go to Start and type in "windows explorer"
At the top of the Search box will be Windows Explorer, right click on it and
select "Run as administrator".
Then navigate to the Recycle Bin and drag a file out to your Desktop to see
if it'll work. If it does, drag the Documents folder back where it belongs.

If it doesn't work, I'd have to suspect a problem with malware.

- John

hogarth27 November 8th 08 08:26 PM

How to get permission

Thanks! [i]t did what it was supposed to do. I'm thinking of tatooing
on to my fingers. (not)

again thanks

--
hogarth27