Epson R300 Printer

Old November 8th 08, 11:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barryjt

Default Epson R300 Printer

I have posted a message to Alan Morris but it seems like he's not available.
Could anyone else help please? See earlier posts. (Simple language please!)
Old November 8th 08, 12:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Walt Thatcher

Barryjt wrote:

I have posted a message to Alan Morris but it seems like he's not available.
Could anyone else help please? See earlier posts. (Simple language please!)

WHAT "earlier posts"!??

State your problem with all the essential details.

Simple enough language for you?
Old November 8th 08, 12:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barryjt

I posted all the details earlier however:

I have been using my Epson R300 printer for over a year with Vista Home
Premium. It worked fine until recently when it just refused to print
anything. I got a message saying that Windows didn't recognise a USB device.
A device has malfunctioned.

I tried deleting the printer via the control panel and reinstalling by
plugging in the usb cable. I got the same message. I contacted Epson online
help and went through various procedures without success. The technicial
said it must be Vista causing the problem.

I took the printer to an Epson Repair Centre. The technician said he could
find nothing wrong but he reinstalled the firmware and reset the counter.
Back at home, I tried reinstalling using the "add printer" facility in
control panel and I was actually able to print a test page and then a small
Word document. However, next time I tried, I got the original message
Windows does not recognise a usb device.

Any advice would be appreciated. Not too technical though please.

Old November 8th 08, 01:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"Walt Thatcher" wrote:

Barryjt wrote:

I have posted a message to Alan Morris but it seems like he's not
available.
Could anyone else help please? See earlier posts. (Simple language
please!)

WHAT "earlier posts"!??

State your problem with all the essential details.

Simple enough language for you?

Have you tried the drivers on the Epson web site?

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/s...Type=Downloads

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old November 8th 08, 01:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barryjt

Walt,
Further to my earlier post, I have tried using "system restore" to restore
my pc back to a date when the printer worked ok, That was also unsuccessful

Old November 8th 08, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Walt Thatcher

Barryjt wrote:

I posted all the details earlier however:

In a completely different thread that users of a newsreader - the
majority's method of viewing these groups - have NO WAY of
knowing/finding.
Old November 8th 08, 03:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Walt Thatcher

Barryjt wrote:

Walt,
Further to my earlier post, I have tried using "system restore" to restore
my pc back to a date when the printer worked ok, That was also unsuccessful

Am waiting to see if the MVP's suggestion (check for updated drivers)
was acted on.

Old November 8th 08, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barryjt

and when I contacted Epson I was told that the only driver was built into
VistaMike, I cant find a driver for R300 using Vista