Vista Banter

-   -   Hard drive help. (http://www.vistabanter.com/146027-hard-drive-help.html)

bigcroc[_2_] November 9th 08 02:44 AM

Hard drive help.

Hi can i do this and if so can someone tell me the steps please as im a
newbie .:geek: my hard drive is a sata 300 GB currently i have 87 GB
left free due to numerous stuff ups of trying to install vista
corectly,then trying UBUNTU,so i have chewed up alot of wasted space,my
question is can i wipe my hard drive completely format it im sure that
my pc isnt working as well as it could be so i get back my 300GB and
start again fresh,i have a genuine copy of vista .thanks Rob.

--
bigcroc

Quaoar[_3_] November 9th 08 03:12 AM

Hard drive help.

bigcroc wrote:
Hi can i do this and if so can someone tell me the steps please as im a
newbie .:geek: my hard drive is a sata 300 GB currently i have 87 GB
left free due to numerous stuff ups of trying to install vista
corectly,then trying UBUNTU,so i have chewed up alot of wasted space,my
question is can i wipe my hard drive completely format it im sure that
my pc isnt working as well as it could be so i get back my 300GB and
start again fresh,i have a genuine copy of vista .thanks Rob.

....emm... Just do it?

bigcroc[_2_] November 9th 08 08:30 AM

Hard drive help.

Hello anyone going to help me or is it a lame question ,thought thats
what you guys are there for....

--
bigcroc

mansrm81 November 9th 08 08:59 AM

Hard drive help.

Read this carefully and it will tell you what to do bigcroc.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/11...sta.html?ltr=C

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep :D. Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]

Deet November 9th 08 10:03 AM

Hard drive help.

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 03:30:09 -0600, bigcroc
wrote:

Hello anyone going to help me or is it a lame question ,thought thats
what you guys are there for....

Be patient, bozo. This ain't the drive-up window at McDonald's.
It's only been six hours or so since you first posted.

Rick Rogers November 9th 08 10:38 AM

Hard drive help.

Hi,

Boot with the Vista disk and begin the install. At the point where you
choose the install location, delete all existing volumes. Create a new one
from the resulting free space, then format and proceed with the
installation. It's that simple.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

bigcroc[_2_] November 9th 08 08:34 PM

Hard drive help.

Mansrm81 thankyou so much for your help..

--
bigcroc

bigcroc[_2_] November 9th 08 08:37 PM

Hard drive help.

By the way Deet keep your lame comments to yourself,who the duck are you
calling,you guest calling me a bozo you DUCKHEAD ,

--
bigcroc

Deet November 9th 08 09:29 PM

Hard drive help.

On Sun, 9 Nov 2008 15:37:22 -0600, bigcroc
wrote:

By the way Deet keep your lame comments to yourself,who the duck are you
calling,you guest calling me a bozo you DUCKHEAD ,

Look around that pitiful "forum", bigCROCK. MOST EVERYONE is a
"guest"!!!

That board sucks/leaches 90% (or more) of its messages from Microsoft
servers to make itself look busier than it really is.

Everyone using those and other servers show up as "guests".

So... there's no big deal to being a "registered" user.