new belkin usb 2.0 pci card

Old November 12th 08, 02:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bassfisher6522

Default new belkin usb 2.0 pci card

I just received this card as a gift. On the package it say compatible
with 98se, me, 2000 and xp. I have vista. Has any body tried it with
vista? If so, where there any issues with it, including installing and
working after installed. I have contacted Belkin a week ago and still
haven't herd any thing from them yet. Thanks for the help.

--
bassfisher6522
Old November 12th 08, 07:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rob Talley

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 21:27:18 -0600, bassfisher6522
wrote:

I just received this card as a gift. On the package it say compatible
with 98se, me, 2000 and xp. I have vista. Has any body tried it with
vista? If so, where there any issues with it, including installing and
working after installed. I have contacted Belkin a week ago and still
haven't herd any thing from them yet. Thanks for the help.

Just physically install it, install the software for it (if it came
with any) and see if it works!
Old November 12th 08, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
David Vair

What is the exact model number?
I had a 5 port Belkin card (4 external, 1 internal) which was 2.0. Just
installed and Vista took care of all the drivers, didn't need to do anything
special for it.
--
David Vair
CNE, CNA, MCP, A+, N+

Old November 12th 08, 07:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT]

In WinXP SP2, and in Vista, the operating system directly supports USB 2.0
devices without the need for 3rd party drivers.

All you need to do is plug in the device, and Windows will automagically
install a driver for you.

Old November 13th 08, 06:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Marky1973

Hi

The belkin usb 2.0 pci card should work just fine in vista, and
proberly won't require any drivers for you to install.

--
Marky1973
Old November 14th 08, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bassfisher6522

I took a shot and went ahead and installed the card. You where right,
did not have a problem. Install went smoothly to my surprise. I still
havent herd from Belkin yet. I will give them some bad marks on support
but there product works great. Thanks for the push on the install.

--
bassfisher6522
Old November 14th 08, 02:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Snidley W.

bassfisher6522 wrote:

I took a shot and went ahead and installed the card. You where right,
did not have a problem. Install went smoothly to my surprise. I still
havent herd from Belkin yet. I will give them some bad marks on support
but there product works great. Thanks for the push on the install.

Learn to quote what you are replying to or to give proper
attribution... more than one person gave you the right answer.
Old November 14th 08, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Marky1973

Glad your installation went well , am happy to help

--
Marky1973