Vista Banter

-   Windows Vista File Management (http://www.vistabanter.com/windows-vista-file-management/)
-   -   Change Drive Letters (http://www.vistabanter.com/146349-change-drive-letters.html)

Boblink November 12th 08 11:03 PM

Change Drive Letters

Hi, I POSTED an earlier not about collapsing a Partition and redistributing
the disk space to another Partition and also would appreciate help with
Re-lettering these Partitions. I tried to rename a Partition "E" but "E"
was NOT listed on the options (Change Drive Name an Path) although NO current
Drives were named "E". I did name a Drive (Partition) at one time but
deleted that Partition so the letter "E" should now be available. It's NOT so
I would appreciate your help. Thanks, Bob

Gordon[_5_] November 13th 08 12:07 PM

Change Drive Letters

"Boblink" wrote in message
Hi, I POSTED an earlier not about collapsing a Partition and
redistributing
the disk space to another Partition and also would appreciate help with
Re-lettering these Partitions. I tried to rename a Partition "E" but "E"
was NOT listed on the options (Change Drive Name an Path) although NO
current
Drives were named "E". I did name a Drive (Partition) at one time but
deleted that Partition so the letter "E" should now be available. It's NOT
so
I would appreciate your help. Thanks, Bob

Have you re-booted the computer after deleting the E partition?

Boblink November 13th 08 01:57 PM

Change Drive Letters

Thanks Gordon, now if I can get an answer to the Re-allocations problem, I'll
be set (at least for now).
Bob