Vista Banter

-   -   Sata 1.5 versus sata 3 (http://www.vistabanter.com/146350-sata-1-5-versus-sata-3-a.html)

Aylen1957 November 13th 08 12:02 AM

Sata 1.5 versus sata 3

Does anyone know the easy answer to which is faster and is it really
noticeable?? Considering upgrading one of my 160gig seagate barracuda's
(sata 1.5) to a new barracuda sata 3.. Any responses as always
appreciated

--
Aylen1957

Curious[_5_] November 13th 08 01:04 AM

Sata 1.5 versus sata 3

SATA 300 will transfer data twice as fast as SATA 150. However, you may only
notice the difference with large transfers since seek time and other system
factors are also involved

Richard G. Harper November 13th 08 08:11 AM

Sata 1.5 versus sata 3

Does your motherboard/SATA controller support SATA300 rates? If not you're
about to waste your money. Otherwise go for it.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...