Performance and Maintainance of Windows Vista A forum for performance and maintenance tasks in Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintainance)

Automatic Update Error 80070424

Old November 14th 08, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Shane Point O

Default Automatic Update Error 80070424

- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
Update window I receive:

"Windows could not search for new updates

Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
error."

I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)

I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.

Any suggestions? Thanks

--
Shane Point O
Shane Point O's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old November 15th 08, 12:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Aleksandar[_2_]

Hi,
I have same problem and this help me :
Start Run regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
Regards

Old November 15th 08, 12:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Ausie Mitch

Shane,
I have Vista Business SP1 and got this same problem last night for the first
time and cannot find a fix. Likewise scans etc.,
I don't have automatic on, I let it tell me when there are updates. The
latest one was 274kb (important) and as soon as I pressed install - Bingo -
lost the lottery (as usual) so saw your post

Hope we get an "easy" answer

Regards
--
Mitch - non-guru oldie - Kiss - Keep Internet Solutions Simple

Old November 15th 08, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
SIW2

Shane Point O;886619 Wrote:
- Windows Vista Home Premium SP1

Hello, I recently noticed that my Automatic Updates for Vista has
stopped working. When I go to check for updates through the Windows
Update window I receive:

"Windows could not search for new updates

Error(s) found: Code 80070424 Windows Update encountered an unknown
error."

I receive the same error when checking for definition updates for
Windows Defender (Error Code: 0x80070424.)

I've ran multiple virus scans and everything appears to be clean.

Any suggestions? Thanks

--
Shane Point O
Shane Point O's Profile: 'Shane Point O's profile on TechArena Computer
Hardware Support Forums of India'
(http://forums.techarena.in/members/shane-point-o.htm)'
http://forums.techarena.in' (http://forums.techarena.in/)

Hello Shane,

You may find this will be of use

http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2
Old November 15th 08, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Shane Point O[_2_]

Aleksandar;4079458 Wrote:
Hi,
I have same problem and this help me :
Start Run regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
Regards

[/color]

Done. It failed.

"The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call too DllRegisterServer
failed with error code 0x80070005."

Yes, I can't find a solution to this anywhere on the internet, I would
really like to get this worked out!

Old November 15th 08, 02:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Aussie Mitch

SIW2

Thank you for a response,
I tried your suggestion, downloaded/tried a couple of programs, (even to buy
as that appears to be a commercial website - not a direct MS site - to me)
but now get an error message "The specified service does not appear as an
installed service"

Where do I go from here - anyone??
What have I done wrong?

Kind regards

Old November 15th 08, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
SIW2

Hi,

Did you try the third step in the tutorial - resetting manually ?

Otherwise, a repair install will replace all the Vista operating system
files, leaving your data and programs intact. You need a proper install
dvd to do this.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88...all-vista.html

Hope it helps

siw2

--
SIW2
Old November 15th 08, 08:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
Shane Point O[_3_]

SIW2;4079506 Wrote:

Hello Shane,

You may find this will be of use

http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

Hope it helps

SIW2

--
SIW2

Yes! UA Check fixed the problem, Thank you very much for the help.

Old November 24th 08, 10:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
jml

@ SIW2

I had the following problem
"The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call too DllRegisterServer
failed with error code 0x80070005."

I fallowed ur advice with the link below and worked for me.

http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

you rock ,keep the good work

--
jml
jml's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jml.htm

Old November 24th 08, 11:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_maintenance
SIW2

Shane Point O;886619 Wrote:

[...]

Shane Point O jml;894454 Wrote:
@ SIW2

I had the following problem
"The module "wuaueng.dll" was loaded but the call too DllRegisterServer
failed with error code 0x80070005."

I fallowed ur advice with the link below and worked for me.

http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

you rock ,keep the good work

jml
jml's Profile: 'jml's profile on TechArena Computer Hardware Support
Forums of India' (http://forums.techarena.in/members/jml.htm)
View this thread: 'Automatic Update Error 80070424 - Windows Vista
Performance'
(http://forums.techarena.in/windows-v...ce/1071990.htm)

'http://forums.techarena.in' (http://forums.techarena.in/)

Glad it worked for you jml, and thanks for posting back the result.

SIW2

--
SIW2