Vista Banter

-   -   usb-to-serial adapter (http://www.vistabanter.com/146595-usb-serial-adapter.html)

abitaman November 15th 08 09:08 PM

usb-to-serial adapter

I've just purchased a Dell with 64 bit Vista and I'm having a problem
finding an adapter. My handheld Magellen GPS uses a serial connector and of
course all the new computer has is usb. I've already purchased and returned
one adapter which didn't have Vista drivers. Any help would be appreciated.

Snidley W. November 15th 08 09:30 PM

usb-to-serial adapter

"abitaman" wrote:

I've just purchased a Dell with 64 bit Vista and I'm having a problem
finding an adapter.

You must be looking at garage sales, huh?

http://www.google.com/search?q=seria...S284US284&aq=t

Rando[_2_] November 15th 08 10:19 PM

usb-to-serial adapter

Had the same with my Stb. This worked for me, Find out what COM port was
given to your GPS and go under Device Manager and change the Com port to
either 1-4 (in most cases)under advanced settings. Hope this helps

--
Rando