Is this compatable?

Old November 17th 08, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FeArDaFiSh

Default Is this compatable?

hey guys,
i had a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter for my xp system and i just
got a new windows vista 64bit system and that network adapter is not
supported. In the last thread i had someone suggested this one that
should work with a 64bit.

'http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16833129160'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833129160)

Can anyone verify that this would work? i was looking all over the
page, and maybe im blind (most likely) but i couldnt see anything saying
it will for sure be compatable. I guess it really only depends on the
drivers for it.

--
FeArDaFiSh
Old November 17th 08, 08:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mansrm81

Yes its compatible but you need to download the drivers from smc's
website cause the disc only has xp/2000 drivers.

'SMC Networks - SUPPORT EN_USA'
(http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=d...rtNumber=false)

hey guys,
i had a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter for my xp system and i just
got a new windows vista 64bit system and that network adapter is not
supported. In the last thread i had someone suggested this one that
should work with a 64bit.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]
Old November 17th 08, 08:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
FeArDaFiSh

yeah i saw that page in their downloads, i just wasnt sure if that was
the 32 bit driver, cuz linksys had a similar download and they didnt
specify what version of vista, but since it didnt recognize it with my
system, i assumed it was the 32 bit driver.

--
FeArDaFiSh
Old November 17th 08, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Timothy Davis [MSFT]

Could you please provide the hardwareIDs of the device?

start -- run -- devmgmt.msc [enter] -- device properties -- Details
Tab -- Hardware Ids

Old November 17th 08, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"FeArDaFiSh" wrote in message

hey guys,
i had a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter for my xp system and i just
got a new windows vista 64bit system and that network adapter is not
supported. In the last thread i had someone suggested this one that
should work with a 64bit.

'http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductReview.aspx?Item=N82E16833129160'
(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833129160)

Can anyone verify that this would work? i was looking all over the
page, and maybe im blind (most likely) but i couldnt see anything saying
it will for sure be compatable. I guess it really only depends on the
drivers for it.

--
FeArDaFiSh

I very much doubt it. The 'Vista' driver available from SMC is essentially
a folder containing XP/2000/98 driver files. Nothing that would suggest
64bit at all..

This one is Vista64 compatible though..

http://www.dlink.ca/products/?sec=1&pid=477

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

Old November 17th 08, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike Hall - MVP[_3_]

"mansrm81" wrote in message

Yes its compatible but you need to download the drivers from smc's
website cause the disc only has xp/2000 drivers.

'SMC Networks - SUPPORT EN_USA'
(http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?event=d...rtNumber=false)

hey guys,
i had a WUSB54GC wireless network adapter for my xp system and i just
got a new windows vista 64bit system and that network adapter is not
supported. In the last thread i had someone suggested this one that
should work with a 64bit.

--
mansrm81

If you think I helped you fix your problem give me some rep . Click on
the scales. [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/members/mans...-untitled.jpg]

If you open the downloaded folder from SMC, that is all you get. Presumably,
the XP/2000 driver works for Vista 32, but the chances of it working for
Vista 64 is zero..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..