Booting

Old December 28th 06, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
B Shealey

Default Booting

I want to do a clean install of rc1. I have used MagicISO to unmount the file
and have burned it to a DVD. Porblem is, my computer will not boot off the
DVD. ANy suggestions?
Old December 28th 06, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Colin Barnhorst

You should just burn the image straight to dvd and you should use as slow a
burn speed as you can. I don't know what you mean by unmounting and why you
would need to do it.

Old December 29th 06, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Colin Barnhorst

You can boot from the .iso file. In fact I do just that in Virtual PC.
What you have is the image of a bootable dvd that just needs to be
transferred back to physical media.

Old December 29th 06, 10:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
nicholas hall

In the .iso image is a boot loader.

What you need to do is to use a good burning software.
In the program there will be an option to burn a DVD from image file.
Point to your .iso image
The finished DVD will now be bootable.

NIK

Old December 29th 06, 10:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Paul-B

nicholas hall wrote:

In the .iso image is a boot loader.

What you need to do is to use a good burning software.
In the program there will be an option to burn a DVD from image file.
Point to your .iso image
The finished DVD will now be bootable.

I use Imgburn, which is small, light and free. The Imgburn site seems
to be down at the moment

http://www.imgburn.com

but you can download it from

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd...ls/imgburn.cfm

HTH

--
Paul-B
Old December 29th 06, 05:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jeff

if that's down, try burncdcc
http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/utilities.html

works great-free and jeffproof-lol

Jeff

Old December 29th 06, 08:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Jack

Will you learn to answer all the questions raised?
If it was up to me I would stop that thread right in this moment!!!!!!!!
Jack

Old December 30th 06, 05:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Robert Firth

fo shizzle

--
* Robert Firth *

Old December 31st 06, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
B Shealey

Ok, I have burned both the .iso file, and have used MagicISO to turn it into
files and folders. I still cannot get it to boot with either of them. I
have setup the dvd drive as the first boot source in bios, but it will not
boot from cd. Thanks for your answers so far.