Vista Banter

-   -   Chkdsk reports error when checking a flash memory! (http://www.vistabanter.com/147529-chkdsk-reports-error-when-checking-flash-memory.html)

Leon_Amirreza November 26th 08 08:25 PM

Chkdsk reports error when checking a flash memory!

I can not do anything with my flash memory so I ran chkdsk to check if it is
dead or the error is repairable
chkdsk says:
can not open volume for direct access

Does this show that my flash is dead for sure? or should i use any other
tool for this?

I am using windows Vista ultimate 32 bit?

Richard G. Harper November 26th 08 08:54 PM

Chkdsk reports error when checking a flash memory!

Most likely so. If you try it in another computer and it still can't be
read, then I'd just about guarantee it.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...