Realtek HD Audio & Xbox 360 Input problems

Old November 28th 08, 11:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
njay

Default Realtek HD Audio & Xbox 360 Input problems

Hello all,

first off:

Gigabyte x48 DQ6
with SPDIF IN Bracket

now for the problem:

the hd audio manager sees that i gets an input from the xbox on audio
because the state is locked and at ac3 48HZ

when i click on recording devices and then boot up my xbox i can see
its getting an audio input because the green bars are moving.

but no sound through my pc speakers.

what i am i missing here?
i tried allot of things already including driver down or upgrade

any help would be cool

--
njay
Old November 29th 08, 12:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
knowone

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 18:27:01 -0600, njay
wrote:

Hello all,

first off:

Gigabyte x48 DQ6
with SPDIF IN Bracket

now for the problem:

the hd audio manager sees that i gets an input from the xbox on audio
because the state is locked and at ac3 48HZ

when i click on recording devices and then boot up my xbox i can see
its getting an audio input because the green bars are moving.

but no sound through my pc speakers.

what i am i missing here?
i tried allot of things already including driver down or upgrade

any help would be cool

The settings for recording and playback are usually separate. Is
there a setting for "playback volume" for the SPDIF IN? If so, make
sure it is not muted.
Old November 29th 08, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
njay

all are up to 100 %

maybe vista cannot playback ac3
i installed a codec and configured it for spdif

--
njay
Old November 29th 08, 08:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
njay

alright

i found the following out

when i download and installa audacity and select the realtek digital in
als record device

select software passthrough

and the press record i can hear everything fine !!

but now to make it work without recording

als in vista there is under the digital in no playback slider only
record

im reverting back to the 2.00 drivers on the gigabyte website now see
if that works

--
njay
Old November 29th 08, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
njay

i got a working around

1. i set the xbox so stereo pcm
2. i installed audacity en clicked on software pass through
3. then i selected monitor input

and viola it worked

to bad the realtek spdif input only does 2 channels

--
njay