Vista Banter

-   -   Failure to print (http://www.vistabanter.com/148146-failure-print.html)

Frank C[_2_] December 3rd 08 06:24 PM

Failure to print

Hi,
I can no longer send files to the printer.
They get stuck in the queue with a status of blank.
The printer is shared on a local network.
I re-installed the driver. That did not fix the problem.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks

--
Frank C
Dell Inspiron 530S

Curious[_5_] December 3rd 08 08:13 PM

Failure to print

Make sure that the network printer is set to the default printer since it
looks like the default printer may be going to the network printer via
another PC on your network which is not turned on.

trouble December 3rd 08 09:06 PM

Failure to print

This can be a difficult problem to solve in both WinXP and Vista. Printers
disappear from the network for no obvious reason when nothing has changed on
the network otherwise.
Sometimes the only solution, and it may not work, is to start from scratch.
Unplug the printer from the network and uninstall the printing software.
Reboot and go through the printer driver reinstall and printer discovery
routine.
It is not impossible that the network hardware in the printer has gone bad.

Cari \(MS-MVP\) December 5th 08 01:52 AM

Failure to print

But did you uninstall and reinstall correctly?
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

If you missed out Step 4, all you did was reinstall the old and possibly
corrupted drivers.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows