How can I run Office Enterprise 2007 with UAC enabled as a user?

Old December 9th 08, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Tim

Default How can I run Office Enterprise 2007 with UAC enabled as a user?

The problem I have is that every time I try to run an Office app it kicks off
Windows Installer and tries to re-install the component of Office I am trying
to run. This inevitably fails because it never prompts me to run as admin,
even though I am logged in as an administator, with the error, "Microsoft
Office [app] has not been installed for the current user. Please run setup to
install the application." I click [OK] and the app closes.

Workarounds I have found for this problem are to disable UAC, check the "Run
as Administrator" box in the file properties of the executeable, and right
click the executeable and select "Run as Administrator". Does anyone else
have this problem? If anyone knows how to fix this please post it here.
Thanks!!!
Old December 9th 08, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Peter Foldes[_2_]

For Office Enterprise issues see the following. Support on this version is only
available from MS or your IT Department and we cannot help you here with the Office
Enterprise version.

Sorry but we do not know if it is Pirated or not. You should have gotten these
instructions as above on your Home Program purchase from your Company

The support for Office 2007 Enterprise is free and look and open
last question

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/s...ights/faq.mspx

Here you will find the Phone numbers and email addresses as to where and whom to
contact about Office Enterprise and your issue.
Scroll down to the bottom of page to North America
https://licensing.microsoft.com/eLic...3/overview.asp

--
Peter

Old December 10th 08, 02:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Zaphod Beeblebrox

"tim" wrote in message

[...]

You might have better luck in one of the MS Office newsgroups, like
microsoft.public.office.misc or microsoft.public.office.setup

Good luck!

--
Zaphod

No matter where you go, there you are!

Old December 11th 08, 04:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Peter Foldes[_2_]

And he will get the same answer there also. Office Enterprise does not belong to any
of the newsgroups for fixing issues. It is either purchased through a Company
,Educational Institution or Armed Forces and through their Home Program which has
their own Help and Support that is Free of charge by calling a given phone number .

If it is free of charge and if issues are asked about it in these newsgroups then
most likely it is a pirated version

--
Peter

Old December 11th 08, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Zaphod Beeblebrox

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message

"Zaphod Beeblebrox" wrote in
message ...

"tim" wrote in message

[...]

Although it could very well be that he has pirated the software it
doesn't logically follow that because he is asking for help in a
newsgroup that it is pirated. I get free technical support from a
number of vendors for various software and hardware that I own, but am
just as likely (if not more) to ask in a public forum for help as I am
to endure what I get for "free". Does that mean I am pirating it? Of
course not. So rather than judging him, since he came to a newsgroup
for help I pointed him to a more appropriate newsgroup. As far as I
know, there is no restriction for the microsoft.public.office.* groups
that prevents answering questions about Enterprise versions.

--
Zaphod

Arthur: All my life I've had this strange feeling that there's something
big and sinister going on in the world.
Slartibartfast: No, that's perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the
universe gets that.