Antivirus plus

Old December 9th 08, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
stoptheantivirusplus

Default Antivirus plus

I was on my myspace the other day then it started freezing and it wouldnt let
me get back on internet explorer. A thing called Antivirus Plus poped uo on
my screen telling me i have a trojan virus. I recently have heard about this
trojan virus and it infects your hole system is what i heard so stupid me i
downloaded the antivirus plus to get rid of the trojan virus. Now I found out
from one of my friends its a program that can hack you and find out your
credit card numbers and etc.. Is there a way to get rid of this Anti Virus
Plus.. It wont let me uninstall it. PLease help me!
Old December 9th 08, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
stoptheantivirusplus

spelling mistakes sorry

"stoptheantivirusplus" wrote:

I was on my myspace the other day then it started freezing and it wouldnt let
me get back on internet explorer. A thing called Antivirus Plus popped up on
my screen telling me i have a trojan virus. I recently have heard about this
trojan virus and it infects your whole system is what i heard so stupid me i

Old December 9th 08, 11:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Mick Murphy

Install Malwarebytes and Spybot Search & Destroy.
You might have to do everything, (install, update, scan, etc), in Safe Mode
with Networking.
All info below.
And scan with your AV as well while there.

http://www.spybot.info/en/index.html

Spybot Search & Destroy 1.6 is a very good, FREE Anti-Spyware Program.
Download, install, update, and immunize your System with it.
Then SCAN with it.
Update it, and scan your System once a fortnight.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Malwarebytes is as the name says, a Malware Remover!
For the Free version scroll down their page to either download from
Download.com, or Major Geeks.com

Download, install, and update.

Important Safe Mode
If you happen to find a problem that you can’t uninstall / delete, reboot
the computer, and go into Safe Mode.
To get into Safe mode, tap F8 right at Power On / Startup, and use UP arrow
key to get to Safe Mode from list of options, then hit ENTER.
RESCAN your computer with your Anti-Virus, Malwarebytes and Spybot S & D
while in Safe Mode.

If unable to install above Programs in Normal Mode:
Sometimes Trojans, Viruses, Malware, etc stop you installing and/or updating
Programs to remove them.
If that happens, reboot into Safe Mode with Networking, and install, update
and scan from there.

--
Mad Mike

Old December 10th 08, 01:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

stoptheantivirusplus wrote:

I was on my myspace the other day then it started freezing and it wouldnt
let me get back on internet explorer. A thing called Antivirus Plus poped
uo on my screen telling me i have a trojan virus. I recently have heard
about this trojan virus and it infects your hole system is what i heard so
stupid me i downloaded the antivirus plus to get rid of the trojan virus.
Now I found out from one of my friends its a program that can hack you and
find out your credit card numbers and etc.. Is there a way to get rid of
this Anti Virus Plus.. It wont let me uninstall it. PLease help me!

Your system is infected with a rogue antivirus program. It is called "rogue"
because it pretends to be A Good Guy but is really Evil. Do not pay them!

Bleeping Computer removal how-to's -

Malwarebytes malware removal guides - http://tinyurl.com/5xrpft ]

If you are infected with XP Antivirus or Antivirus 2009/10, here are removal
steps:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malw...antivirus-2009
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic154529.html (earlier versions)

Removal instructions for Antivirus 2010:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...showtopic=6703

Removal instructions for Antivirus 2009:
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...showtopic=5178

These may work for you and all may be well. However, in many cases the
computer will also be infected with Zlob and/or Vundo trojans and protected
by a rootkit. These machines are extremely difficult to clean.

If your machine is one of these cases, either get guided help at one of the
specialty forums below OR back up your data and do a clean install of
Windows. It is your choice. If you are unsure how to back up your data or
how to do a clean install, you can take your machine to a local computer
professional. I don't recommend using BigComputerStore/GeekSquad types of
places.

PLEASE DO NOT POST LOGS IN THE MS NEWSGROUPS.

http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
http://aumha.net/ - Click on the HijackThis forum. Read the announcement and
the stickies *first*.
http://www.atribune.org/forums/index.php?showforum=9
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/cleanup
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/...splay.php?f=25
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/Malwa..._Here-f37.html
http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/i...hp?showforum=7
http://gladiator-antivirus.com/forum...?showforum=170
http://spywarewarrior.com/viewforum.php?f=5
http://forums.techguy.org/54-security/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://forums.subratam.org/index.php?showforum=7

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old December 24th 08, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
susietwirler

Hello

I tried to do what you suggested, but I can't get onto the internet to
update the programme properly - any suggestions?? Its driving me mad!

thanks

Old April 3rd 10, 09:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
JKBFaith

HELLO EVERYBODY

GOOD DAY

I LIKE THIS WEBSITE

ANYWAY TRY THIS WEBSITE

'YouTube - How to remove User Protection'
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M87yX...=youtube_gdata)

--
JKBFaith