AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working

Old December 30th 08, 08:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Lindsay

Default AuthenTec Inc AES1610 update not working

i tried that, it does install it but once u restart it and turn on user
access controls it just keeps wanting to install/modify or remove it...i've
tried it many ways and still the same error message......its $$$$ing annoying
please find a cure

"ngn" wrote:

I've found that switching User Access Control off allows to complete
driver installation successfully. You can safely turn on UAC after
restart.

--
ngn

Old December 31st 08, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gallp13

Hi all and happy 2009 - I have the same problem with this driver on my
Toshiba Sallelite A300. Like you all I have tried various fixed to no
avail. Have put in a help request to my local Truesuite distributors
(desperation move). If I come up with any solutions will pass on.

--
gallp13
gallp13's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/gallp13.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old January 1st 09, 09:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
gallp13[_2_]

I just tried ngn's advice and looks like the problem is fixed

1. turn off UAC
2. allow AES1610 installation to complete
3. Restart m/c
4. Uninstalled AES1610
5. Restart m/c
6. Turn on UAC
7. Restart m/c
8. Bliss - no auto install AES1610

Thank you ngn

gallp13

Old April 15th 09, 08:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DaveS596-XE1

Hello bhavneetk I am pleased to find someone who is not afraid to run a
product recovery program in order to get unremoveble stuff off a Computer, I
came across your e-mail while looking up more info about the "AuthenTec Inc"
update, before I installed it, the fact that it's an update for "True Suite"
has helped me decide not to install it because the fingerprint gizmo dosen't
work anyway I've tried and tried to get a print but it just won't take, I use
a "Toshiba Satellite Pro S300 11G" and I assume you use a similar Computer
with fingerprint recognition, I'd like to know if you have a dule Touchpad
and Mouse USB port as I do, I only use the touchpad to operate the pointer,
the thing is I've had a lot of problems with the touchpad, this Computer had
to go back to "Toshiba" after just four days(I've had it for three months)to
have a new touchpad component and since then the pointer seems to have a mind
of its own, sometimes it just starts dashing about the screen and I can't
control it for a few seconds then it's ok, I've done every thing to the
settings but it still happens at least once a day, if you relate to any of
this info I'd like to know, By the way I'm uninstalling the "True Suite" it's
just a gimmick that dose not work, hope to hear from you or anyone who can
relate to this e-mail. DaveS596-XE1
--
DaveS596-XE1

"bhavneetk" wrote:

Hi there,

I've found a way to get rid of the problem too but I had to turn to
quite drastic measures.

I backed up all my docs and settings and restored my computer to
factory settings. If you have a Toshiba, this is done by holding down
the 0 key while turning your laptop on. It makes a horrible beeping
noise but this is normal. Go through the reboot with all the pre-checked
settings - this will take about an hour. But make sure all your docs are
saved on a back up disk!

When going through the set up process, make sure you DO NOT choose to
let Windows do Automatic Updates - choose the setting that lets you
choose your settings later. This is important because the problem is
caused by an Automatic "Important" Windows Update that downloads and
installs itself when your computer checks for updates the first time you
go online.

Anyway, so once you've rebooted, check for Windows Updates (you might
need to install the Windows Updater first) and view them. You can check
or un-check any update, I un-checked the update for AuthenTec Inc
AES1610 and made sure the rest of the updates were checked. You can then
download and install the updates. Once this is done, you can go back and
check for Windows Updates again - only the AutenTec Inc AES1610 update
should show (as it was the only one that was not downloaded) and then
right click it and hide it.

That solved the problem for me. I think the whole problem arose because
of an Automatic Windows Update that canot be uninstalled after it has
been downloaded and installed. The True Suite driver has nothing to do
with it - I tried uninstalling it and downloading an earlier version -
but the problem still remained. It is just that one buggered Windows
Update that is causing it.

But as I said, it is quite a drastic measure to have to set all your
personalised settings again. Good luck!

--
bhavneetk
bhavneetk's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/bhavneetk.htm

Old June 20th 09, 11:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bhavneetk[_3_]

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately, I've only just noticed it in
this thread so I hope you've solved the problem with your trackpad. My
laptop does not have a dual trackpad, so I don't have the problem you
describe. Sorry can't me of much help here.

I've noticed that Windows has sent out another update for the AuthenTec
Inc AES1610, released on the 16th of February 2009. Does anyone know if
this newer update is safe to download?

Cheers.

--
bhavneetk
bhavneetk's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/66905.htm

Old June 20th 09, 05:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
DaveS596-XE1

Hello bhavneetk Thank's for the e-mail, better late than never. well I
can tell you that I've deactivated the Fingerprint gizmo it just didn't work
no matter how I tried to get a print to take so the AES1610 update is
redundant, the dual touchpad (trackpad) problem took some sorting out but it
seems to be working as it should now though I still don't see the point of
having a dual touchpad and mouse port on a laptop, by the way my OS is XP
Professional I've tried Vista but I don't like it, I wonder if "Windows 7"
will be better? it's out in October I think, any way Best regards
DaveS596-XE1

Old June 21st 09, 11:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bhavneetk[_4_]

Hey Dave

Good to know you've sorted the problem with the trackpad. I actually
like using the fingerprint logon (once it started behaving!) as it's a
lot faster to log on to sites by just swiping my finger than remembering
various passwords. But I know a lot of people that have disabled it
too.

I've had a play around with the Windows 7 release candidate, it seems
very similar to Vista, but more Linux-like. We'll see soon enough I
guess

Cheers
Bhavneet