Vista Administration, Accounts and Passwords Queries, comments and issues relating to the administration of Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords)

Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium

Old December 15th 08, 09:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
ZuAb

Default Forgot Password in Vista Home Premium

Hello all

Recently I've got a laptop wich came with WIndos Vista HOme Premium
installed. I decided to put a Password in my administrator account, but I've
forgotten it...And there is no other open account, just the administrator one
of wich I've lost the password - I didn't create a pssword reset disk.

Is there anything I can do? Can You please Help me?
--
Thank You for the attention
ZuAb
Old December 15th 08, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
The Max[_2_]

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:48:03 -0800, ZuAb
wrote:

Hello all

Recently I've got a laptop wich came with WIndos Vista HOme Premium
installed. I decided to put a Password in my administrator account, but I've
forgotten it...And there is no other open account, just the administrator one
of wich I've lost the password - I didn't create a pssword reset disk.

Is there anything I can do? Can You please Help me?

Enable the hidden Administrator account,

http://lifehacker.com/341521/enable-...trator-account

Logoff, logon using that account, reset your own account's password.

Old January 1st 09, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Brian Clegg[_2_]

but hes saying he cant get past the logon screen cos no password so how can
he enable the built in administrator account to log in from that then reset
his password for the normal user account

Old January 1st 09, 09:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
The Max[_2_]

On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 13:46:11 -0000, "Brian Clegg"
wrote:

but hes saying he cant get past the logon screen cos no password so how can
he enable the built in administrator account to log in from that then reset
his password for the normal user account

You're absolutely right! I have no idea what I was thinking about
when I replied. I left out an important part. Thanks for bringing it
up.

If the OP is still looking for a fix - and I doubt it since it's been
so long - entering Safe Mode and logging in as Administrator will
enable going to the user account area and changing the password on the
problem account.

To enter Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key a couple times a second
during bootup or a system restart BEFORE Windows starts to load.

Max

.. .

Old December 8th 09, 11:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
Koulfire

hi... i have a similar problem. I'm a greek and recently i got a laptop
with windows vista home premium on. i created an admin account and then
i set a password for the built in administrator... now i've forgotten my
password (not the one. for the built in administrator. that one i still
remember) but when i boot on safe mode i don't see the built in
administrator account... i also have a standard user. Please help. is
there any way i can reset my forgotten password or make the built in
administrator appear? i tried with command prompt but since i don't
remember my password i can't open it as admin. there is another admin on
my computer to but he's abroad and he will be for another month or two
and he hasn't given me his new phone number yet.

--
Koulfire

Old August 20th 10, 06:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
michelle rc

Default Password Genius

you can try to Google Password Genius

wrote:

You're absolutely right! I have no idea what I was thinking about
when I replied. I left out an important part. Thanks for bringing it
up.

If the OP is still looking for a fix - and I doubt it since it's been
so long - entering Safe Mode and logging in as Administrator will
enable going to the user account area and changing the password on the
problem account.

To enter Safe Mode, repeatedly tap the F8 key a couple times a second
during bootup or a system restart BEFORE Windows starts to load.

Max

On Tuesday, December 08, 2009 6:38 AM Koulfire wrote:

hi... i have a similar problem. I am a greek and recently i got a laptop
with windows vista home premium on. i created an admin account and then
i set a password for the built in administrator... now i've forgotten my
password (not the one. for the built in administrator. that one i still
remember) but when i boot on safe mode i do not see the built in
administrator account... i also have a standard user. Please help. is
there any way i can reset my forgotten password or make the built in
administrator appear? i tried with command prompt but since i do not
remember my password i cannot open it as admin. there is another admin on
my computer to but he is abroad and he will be for another month or two
and he has not given me his new phone number yet.

--
Koulfire

Assemblies in Folder Debug Build Checker
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...d-checker.aspx

Old August 20th 10, 06:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_accounts_passwords
michelle rc

On Friday, August 20, 2010 2:50 AM michelle rc wrote:

you can try to Google Password Genius

Composite UI Pattern and RAD Development for Data Entry Applications, Part 1
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ns-part-1.aspx