Do I Need to Install the Canon MP610 Printer Application Software?

Old December 16th 08, 04:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Jim K[_3_]

Default Do I Need to Install the Canon MP610 Printer Application Software?

I'll be helping a neighbor set up a new Dell with Vista Home Premium. She bought a Canon all-in-one MP610 printer with lots of application software on the CD - MP Navigator, Easy-PhotoPrint, ScanSoft OmniPage SE, Easy-WebPrint, and ArcSoft PhotoStudio. I know i need to install the OCR software, but wonder about the rest. Do I need the MP Navigator for this printer to work? Will the Navigator or PhotoPrint software hijack any settings? Also, when I checked online, I found a new driver for Easy-PhotoPrint that's dated 10/08. If I install that driver after a full CD install for the printer, do I need to uninstall the older PhotoPrint utility first?

I found general applications info on Canon's site. If there is a better source that can help me decide whether these utilities are needed, please provide the link.

Thanks for your help.
Jim
Old December 17th 08, 04:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

You (or rather the neighbor) won't need any of these for general use. I do
use Easy PhotoPrint and sometimes PhotoStudio but I don't have any of the
others installed. I scan direct to Adobe Acrobat if I need PDF/OCR. Since
I don't have any all in ones, I don't know about the Navigator, but s/he
should try for a couple of days and see if they are needed, they can easily
be installed at a later date.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

Old April 8th 10, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
oliverlnrd[_2_]

Thanx for sharing

'Horse Farm Management Software' (http://www.paddockpro.com)

--
oliverlnrd

Old April 8th 10, 02:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
oliverlnrd[_2_]

Old April 8th 10, 06:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Chuck[_2_]

On 4/7/2010 10:56 PM, oliverlnrd wrote:
Thanx for sharing

'Horse Farm Management Software' (http://www.paddockpro.com)

Generally, Yes. Usually, built in drivers, etc are very basic, and limit
the usefulness. The 610 may need to be installed as a network as well as
a local (USB) device. This allows a directly connected P/C to have full
access to all the features, and use third party scanner software. The
network connection can be also used by the P/C connected via usb, and
other networked P/Cs as well.

In some instances, you can change the port of the "USB" installed device
to a network port, and use third party software as if the device is
connected directly.

ViewScan is one of the third party scanner applications that I prefer to
use.

Old April 13th 10, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
oliverlnrd[_3_]

Old April 13th 10, 10:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
oliverlnrd[_3_]