!HELP! - I made a science Report and when I closed it and reopend it ERROR!!!

Old December 18th 08, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
JakDG

Default !HELP! - I made a science Report and when I closed it and reopend it ERROR!!!

Ok,

I was making my Science report for school ( Which is due tomorrow ).

I saved it, and it gave me the following error

[image: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...err/Error.jpg]

I tried opening it in Notepad I scanned it for spyware and everything.

The night before this happend I ran a cache cleaner '( PC PitStop 2.0 )
' (http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp)

Iam stumped on this one guys...

Any ideas/ help would be GREAT!!

Sincerely,
Jake

--
JakDG
Old December 18th 08, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
DL

Cache cleaner /Optimiser / Reg cleaner whatever; simply more snake oil
designed to screw your system up.

You might get a better response as to how to recover your works file by
posting to a works group
PS Saving files to the desktop is IMO not a very good idea

Old December 18th 08, 08:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
JakDG

"JakDG" wrote in message

Ok,

I was making my Science report for school ( Which is due tomorrow

).

I saved it, and it gave me the following error

[image: http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u...err/Error.jpg]

I tried opening it in Notepad I scanned it for spyware and

everything.

The night before this happend I ran a cache cleaner '( PC PitStop 2.0

)
' ('PC Pitstop: Free PC Scans and Tune-up Utilities'

(http://www.pcpitstop.com/default.asp))

Iam stumped on this one guys...

Any ideas/ help would be GREAT!!

Sincerely,
Jake

--
JakDG

How does it "Screw up your computer" ?

--
JakDG
Old December 18th 08, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Rob Talley[_2_]

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 14:19:28 -0600, JakDG
wrote:

How does it "Screw up your computer" ?

By "cleaning" something that should have been left alone, resulting in
a trashed system that won't load, or that loads with a lot of errors.

Old December 20th 08, 03:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Zoso

So far nobody is really addressing this guys problem.

Basically what most likely happened Jake, as far as I can tell from the
error, is the file became corrupted sometime between the last time you
closed it and the time you started getting the error. Best guess is disk
fragmentation or a disk error of some kind.

Unless you have a backup of the file somewhere your odds of getting it are
slim, especially since I'm guessing the due date has well passed on your
paper anyway. But for future reference I would regularly defrag your hard
drive and run disk check every now and then. A good free product for defrag
is Diskkeeper.

You have also learned a very important computing lesson......BACKUP BACKUP
BACKUP.
If that file is important, back it up, why? Because when you get that
corrupt file msg again you can load a backup and not be totally screwed

Hope this helps, and your problem wasn't caused by having the file on the
desktop. While not the best place it wasn't the 'cause' of your problem as
people have suggested.

Hopefully this helps instead of confuses.

Regards.
Zoso

--

"I don't mind the games you play, but I don't like your dealing."
Joe Walsh

NANF
M2H