HP Laserjet 1012 and Vista 64 bit (driver work-around worked for me)

Old December 19th 08, 01:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lovesaves

Default HP Laserjet 1012 and Vista 64 bit (driver work-around worked for me)

I have the hp Laserjet 1012 and, after wasting much time with different
failed attempts, I finally got it to work with my Dell Studio Vista Home
Premium 64bit desktop! First, I custom installed the Laserjet 1015 XP
driver from the hp site (fonts and driver only, not the toolkit). I
picked USB local port and the driver installed but the printer wouldn't
work. Next I right clicked on the Laserjet 1015 printer (default printer
in the control panel) and under its Properties changed the port to DOT
4_00x Generic IEEE 1284. I connected the printer to the USB port and now
it prints.

--
lovesaves
Old December 19th 08, 06:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
johnK

How'd
How do you like your Dell? I just bought the 17" Laptop version of your
desktop for my wife's Christmas present! I was trying to get my (her)
Vista64 to use a shared HP7550 connected to the XP.

I posted whast I did in the Printers and Faxs newgroup.:sleepy:

cheers,
john

Old December 19th 08, 07:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
lovesaves

JohnK,
So far so good but, I've only had it for a week. The Vista 64 bit has
caused a bit of grief forcing me to find work-arounds for the printer
and my Epson scanner. I replaced a Dell Dimension 4550 which had a 120
gig hard drive and 512 mb Ram. I used it 10 hours a day for six years
without any problems. Then three weeks ago I killed it by trying to put
in another 512 Ram. ??? Thankfully, I was able to remove the hard drive
and use it as an external drive to transfer all my data and files to the
new computer. My Studio has the Q8200 processor, 6 gigs ram and 1T hard
drive. Overkill for me (I don't game) but, that was the package on sale.
The box seems cheaply made. However, I was buying performance not a box
and it is very fast and quiet. The 24" lcd monitor is a lot nicer than
my old 17" crt also.

Fred

--
lovesaves
Old December 30th 08, 12:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
bingy

lovesaves;914584 Wrote:
I have the hp Laserjet 1012 and, after wasting much time with different
failed attempts, I finally got it to work with my Dell Studio Vista Home
Premium 64bit desktop! First, I custom installed the Laserjet 1015 XP
driver from the hp site (fonts and driver only, not the toolkit). I
picked USB local port and the driver installed but the printer wouldn't
work. Next I right clicked on the Laserjet 1015 printer (default printer
in the control panel) and under its Properties changed the port to DOT
4_00x Generic IEEE 1284. I connected the printer to the USB port and now
it prints.

IT WORKS!! I am using the Laserjet 1015 XP driver on a Vista 64bit HP
laptop to
print to a LaserJet 1012 via a US Robotics 7500 print server!!!!

--
bingy
Old January 16th 09, 07:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Dadooze

bingy;923727 Wrote:
lovesaves;914584 Wrote:
I have the hp Laserjet 1012 and, after wasting much time with different
failed attempts, I finally got it to work with my Dell Studio Vista Home
Premium 64bit desktop! First, I custom installed the Laserjet 1015 XP
driver from the hp site (fonts and driver only, not the toolkit). I
picked USB local port and the driver installed but the printer wouldn't
work. Next I right clicked on the Laserjet 1015 printer (default printer
in the control panel) and under its Properties changed the port to DOT
4_00x Generic IEEE 1284. I connected the printer to the USB port and now
it prints.

IT WORKS!! I am using the Laserjet 1015 XP driver on a Vista 64bit HP
laptop to
print to a LaserJet 1012 via a US Robotics 7500 print server!!!!

HP have posted a driver on their web site.
You must be logged on as administrator to install.

see 'HP LaserJet 1012 Printer*-* Download drivers and software - HP
Business Support Center'
(http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100)

--
Dadooze
Old February 19th 09, 04:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ipconfig

I am using 64-bit Vista Home Premium (SP1) and am printing on my HP
LaserJet 1012. No need to download anything from the web. Here's how I
did it:

(1) Use Add a printer to select "Add a local printer"
(2) Use existing port and select DOT4_001 (Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing
support)
(3) Select HP LaserJet 1015
(4) Click Next and click Finish.

Everything prints perfectly.

--
Ipconfig
Ipconfig's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ipconfig.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old March 21st 09, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
TJ

Default HP Laserjet 1012 and Vista 64 bit (driver work-around worked for m

I did this and it worked for my Toshiba Satellite 400 series with Vista
64-bit home edition.

Thanks so much. It was pretty easy and I'm brain-dead about this stuff.

Old May 17th 09, 06:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mahojazz

Ipconfig;971968 Wrote:
I am using 64-bit Vista Home Premium (SP1) and am printing on my HP
LaserJet 1012. No need to download anything from the web. Here's how I
did it:

(1) Use Add a printer to select "Add a local printer"
(2) Use existing port and select DOT4_001 (Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing
support)
(3) Select HP LaserJet 1015
(4) Click Next and click Finish.

Everything prints perfectly.

--
Ipconfig
Ipconfig's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/ipconfig.htm
View this thread: 'HP Laserjet 1012 and Vista 64 bit (driver
work-around worked for me) - Vista Hardware Devices'
(http://forums.techarena.in/vista-har...es/1090039.htm)

'TechArena Community - Technology and Computer Hardware Support Forums
of India' (http://forums.techarena.in)

Hi,
regarding this printing work around, have you tried setting up printing
preference for your HP LaserJet 1015? I have a HP LaserJet 1010, similar
to 1015, it prints perfectly, but i can't set up the printing
preference. Do you face the same issue as me? I am using Vista x64 Home
premium on DELL laptop. Thanks

Rgds,
Eric

--