Laptop Mouse Problems Big Time!

Old December 21st 08, 12:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nancichappy

Default Laptop Mouse Problems Big Time!

Could you please tell me how to fix this before I throw my laptop out
the window??? Out of the blue my mouse on my laptop (using the
mousepad) has been constantly dropping menus so that the only way I can
get it to stop is to keep hitting the escape key!

I tried downloading newer drivers for it and even did a restore to no
avail. The only thing that seems to work is to use a wireless mouse,
but I'd really like the thing to work like it did when I bought it. I
thought maybe it was because of installing Mozilla, but when I did the
restore without installing Mozilla, it still seems to be doing this.

Any help at all would be soooo much appreciated!

Thanks and happy holidays!

--
nancichappy
Old December 21st 08, 01:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Malke[_2_]

nancichappy wrote:

Could you please tell me how to fix this before I throw my laptop out
the window??? Out of the blue my mouse on my laptop (using the
mousepad) has been constantly dropping menus so that the only way I can
get it to stop is to keep hitting the escape key!

I tried downloading newer drivers for it and even did a restore to no
avail. The only thing that seems to work is to use a wireless mouse,
but I'd really like the thing to work like it did when I bought it. I
thought maybe it was because of installing Mozilla, but when I did the
restore without installing Mozilla, it still seems to be doing this.

You mean the touchpad doesn't work correctly any more? If this is what you
meant, then since updating the drivers hasn't worked it's probably a
hardware issue. Contact the laptop mftr.'s tech support for
repair/replacement.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old December 21st 08, 04:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
nancichappy

Thanks so much for such a quick response. I'll do that next and let you
know what happens.

--
nancichappy