Boot Manager asks what OS to use every time I start up

Old December 24th 08, 08:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jeremy7679

Default Boot Manager asks what OS to use every time I start up

Ok, this is the results of the bcedit/enum:

Windows Boot Manager
----------------------
identifier {bootmgr}
device partition=C:
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {globalsettings}
default {current}
displayorder {current}
toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}
timeout 3

Windows Boot Loader
---------------------
identifier {current}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Windows Vista
locale en-US
inherit {bootloadersettings}
recoverysequence {572bcd55-ffa7-11d9-aae0-0007e9941-07d}
recoveryenabled Yes
osdevice partition=C.
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {7fdd6ac6-70be-11db-ba26-a0b016378059}
nx Opt In
sos No

--
jeremy7679
Old December 24th 08, 09:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jeremy7679

NormCameron;919094 Wrote:
jeremy7679;917146 Wrote:
I've just had to replace my hard drive on my Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop
and now every time I start my computer the Boot Manager asks what
Operating System to use. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Did you do a fresh install on the new drive, or a factory install by
mirroring the old drive or from a disk?

Norm

I just hooked in the hard drive and it configured itself.

--
jeremy7679
Old December 24th 08, 10:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NormCameron

Do you now have two drives? Or just one?

--
NormCameron

Old December 24th 08, 10:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NormCameron

jeremy7679;919122 Wrote:
NormCameron;919094 Wrote:
jeremy7679;917146 Wrote:
I've just had to replace my hard drive on my Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop
and now every time I start my computer the Boot Manager asks what
Operating System to use. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Did you do a fresh install on the new drive, or a factory install
by mirroring the old drive or from a disk?

Norm

I just hooked in the hard drive and it configured itself.

Do you now have two drives? Or just one? Sounds like the Vista
Installer is still active.

Norm

--
NormCameron

Old December 24th 08, 10:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jeremy7679

NormCameron;919150 Wrote:
jeremy7679;919122 Wrote:
NormCameron;919094 Wrote:

Did you do a fresh install on the new drive, or a factory install by
mirroring the old drive or from a disk?

Norm

I just hooked in the hard drive and it configured itself.

Do you now have two drives? Or just one? Sounds like the Vista
Installer is still active.

Norm

Just one.

--
jeremy7679
Old December 24th 08, 10:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bellerophon

jeremy7679;917146 Wrote:
I've just had to replace my hard drive on my Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop
and now every time I start my computer the Boot Manager asks what
Operating System to use. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Is it giving you just one option to chose from or more than one? What
are the option(s) presented?

--
Bellerophon

"Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths."
-Domain 4 sale: 'iamapc.co.uk' (http://iamapc.co.uk/)-
Old December 24th 08, 10:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
jeremy7679

Bellerophon;919157 Wrote:
jeremy7679;917146 Wrote:
I've just had to replace my hard drive on my Dell Inspiron 1721 laptop
and now every time I start my computer the Boot Manager asks what
Operating System to use. Does anyone know how to remedy this?

Is it giving you just one option to chose from or more than one? What
are the option(s) presented?

Just the one option, Windows Vista. And as far as I can tell, it is set
as the default option.

--
jeremy7679
Old December 24th 08, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
NormCameron

jeremy7679;918340 Wrote:
Peter Foldes;918327 Wrote:
Excuse me but did you do what Rick has posted for you

--

If that doesn't work go back in msconfig and set the time out to 0
seconds.

Terry

This isn't a problem! Do what Terry said. Set the time-out option
to it's minimum setting if it bothers you.

--
NormCameron