ActiveX EXE in Vista

Old December 24th 08, 01:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Adam[_7_]

Default ActiveX EXE in Vista

Hello
Can you help me please if you have a solution

I have problem with ActiceX Exe (2 Software) in Vista
I can open just on, I can't opened the other,

I have the error "Unexpected error; quitting" which is the same error I
get when running
MyExe.exe /RegServer from the Start | Run.

I must resolve the problem before 2009

Thank's
Adam

--
Adam

Old December 24th 08, 01:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

Adam wrote:

Hello
Can you help me please if you have a solution

I have problem with ActiceX Exe (2 Software) in Vista
I can open just on, I can't opened the other,

I have the error "Unexpected error; quitting" which is the same error I
get when running
MyExe.exe /RegServer from the Start | Run.

Your post is a bit hard to follow, but it would appear that you are asking
about a third-party program called "ActiveX.exe", or possibly "MyExe.exe".
While Internet Explorer does use ActiveX plugins to provide additional
capabilities, the programs you refer to are not part of Windows.

You should contact the third-party software mftr. ("2 Software"?) for
support of their product.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old December 24th 08, 03:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Adam[_8_]

Thank you for the replie,

May be my message isn't clear (I don't speak good english)

So
I created 2 exe ActiveX in VB6 (App1.exe and App2.exe)
when I open App1.exe in vista it work good, but I can't open App2.exe,
it give me the error message "Unexpected error; quitting"

So if I click right on App2.exe and I open it as administrator it work,
but when i returne to open App1.exe it give me the same message
"Unexpected error; quitting"

The problem is that I can open only one ActiveX exe in vista !
"when I disabled UAC they work"

I attached the App1.exe and App2.exe (please rename App1.txt to .exe
...) if you want to try in vista

Thank's
Adam

Old December 24th 08, 03:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Paul Adare

On Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:08:32 +0000, Adam wrote:

I attached the App1.exe and App2.exe (please rename App1.txt to .exe
..) if you want to try in vista

Right, you expect someone to download some random executable files from a
unknown, untrusted source and then execute them? Good luck with that.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
Old December 24th 08, 04:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Adam[_9_]

Right, you expect someone to download some random executable files

from a unknown, untrusted source and then execute them? Good luck with
that.

I'm looking for a solution to my problem, so you can create in vb6 a
ActiveX Exe to try it in vista if you want..

--
Adam

Old December 24th 08, 04:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

Adam wrote:

Thank you for the replie,

May be my message isn't clear (I don't speak good english)

So
I created 2 exe ActiveX in VB6 (App1.exe and App2.exe)
when I open App1.exe in vista it work good, but I can't open App2.exe,
it give me the error message "Unexpected error; quitting"

So if I click right on App2.exe and I open it as administrator it work,
but when i returne to open App1.exe it give me the same message
"Unexpected error; quitting"

The problem is that I can open only one ActiveX exe in vista !
"when I disabled UAC they work"

I attached the App1.exe and App2.exe (please rename App1.txt to .exe
...) if you want to try in vista

No one in their right mind will download a Windows executable from an
unknown source.

Since your question is about programming, you should post in a programmer's
newsgroup. Since you're using Visual Basic, that would be a good place to
start. There is probably a Visual Basic newsgroup in your native language,
too. I don't see how you can get precise technical answers about
programming if there is a language barrier.

Malke