parental controll

Old December 24th 08, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
BULL3T121

Default parental controll

hii
wen u acess something on vista u are shown a lil menu and are asked
hether u want to continue and now when i get that menu it says enter
password due to parental control.1st of all there is no text box so i
cant enter nothing and 2ndly i did not activate parental control..so i
think there is some sort of error on my vista and i reaallly need
helpp...
please i am begging anybody please help meeee

thankyouu

--
BULL3T121
Old December 24th 08, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

BULL3T121 wrote:

hii
wen u acess something on vista u are shown a lil menu and are asked
hether u want to continue and now when i get that menu it says enter
password due to parental control.1st of all there is no text box so i
cant enter nothing and 2ndly i did not activate parental control..so i
think there is some sort of error on my vista and i reaallly need
helpp...
please i am begging anybody please help meeee

It sounds like your parents activated parental controls so you should speak
to them. If you need more help, please post back using standard English.
Your version of "chat speak" or whatever you're using is very hard to
follow.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Old December 25th 08, 02:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
BULL3T121

HI
SORRY ABOUT MY CHAT SPEAK !

MY PARENTS HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE LAPTOP AS THEY DO NOT EVER USE
IT AND HAVE NO EXPERISENCE WITH LAPTOPS
I WAS ON THE PARENTAL CONTROL SETTINGS JUST EXPLORING WHAT THEY CAN DO
AND NOW WHEN I TRY SOMETHUNG IT ALWAYS COMES UP WITH A LITTLE MENU/BOX
ASKING FOR A "PARENTAL PASSWORD" BUT NO PASSWORD HAS BEEN SET AND ALSO
IT DOES NOT GIVE ME A TEXT BOX TO ENTER A PASSWORD.

I HOPE THIS MAKES SENCE

--
BULL3T121
Old December 25th 08, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

BULL3T121 wrote:

HI
SORRY ABOUT MY CHAT SPEAK !

MY PARENTS HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE LAPTOP AS THEY DO NOT EVER USE
IT AND HAVE NO EXPERISENCE WITH LAPTOPS
I WAS ON THE PARENTAL CONTROL SETTINGS JUST EXPLORING WHAT THEY CAN DO
AND NOW WHEN I TRY SOMETHUNG IT ALWAYS COMES UP WITH A LITTLE MENU/BOX
ASKING FOR A "PARENTAL PASSWORD" BUT NO PASSWORD HAS BEEN SET AND ALSO
IT DOES NOT GIVE ME A TEXT BOX TO ENTER A PASSWORD.

Thank you for trying to write in more standard English. However, next time
please write in mixed case. Typing in all capital letters is considered
shouting and rude on Usenet (where you are posting whether you realize it
or not). This is not meant to be a "net nanny" response but only mentioned
because some people will not even bother to respond to a post written in
all caps. After all, you want people to help you so you need to make it
easy for them.

Log into a user account that has administrative privileges and remove the
parental controls for that particular Standard user account.

Malke

Old December 25th 08, 02:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
BULL3T121

im not really good at this am i
Thankyou for your advice on telling me how to type

Thankyou for your help, But i have also tryed that and the user
accounts that were admin have now they have turned in to standard users.
So i really dont know what to do.

ThankYou

--
BULL3T121
Old December 25th 08, 03:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Rabbit[_3_]

The error is in you typing a question that can be easily read. One long, run
on sentence does not cut it.

Old December 25th 08, 04:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
BULL3T121

My dad has not put the parental control on has he does not no anything
technical about the laptop
it is some kind of fault because i can not even type anything in when
it asks for a password

--
BULL3T121
Old December 25th 08, 07:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

BULL3T121 wrote:

im not really good at this am i
Thankyou for your advice on telling me how to type

Thankyou for your help, But i have also tryed that and the user
accounts that were admin have now they have turned in to standard users.
So i really dont know what to do.

At this point you really need to speak to your parents. If they are as
clueless about computers as you say they are they will need to take the
machine to a qualified computer professional when the holidays are over.
The behavior you described does not magically happen all by itself. Either
someone made the changes or your computer is infected.

Malke

Old December 25th 08, 11:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
BULL3T121

I have made some more findings in my investigation.
It is NOT parental password it is administrater password.
no other accounts are admins and neither is mine
but i dont understand how it says enter a password when i dont know a
password for admin on vista?

--
BULL3T121