McAfee Malware Not Recognized

Old December 27th 08, 05:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Barbwire

Default McAfee Malware Not Recognized

Just got a new laptop and I keep getting an alert from Windows Security
saying no malware protection.....I have McAfee and don't know how to get the
alert to stop or to get it recognized. Help! Please!
--
Barbwire
Old December 27th 08, 06:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Dave T.[_2_]

Barbwire wrote:
Just got a new laptop and I keep getting an alert from Windows Security
saying no malware protection.....I have McAfee and don't know how to get the
alert to stop or to get it recognized. Help! Please!

Perhaps Vista is trying to give you an estimate of the worth of McAfee
software! d

Seriously, give this a try;

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/19...formation.html

This is a forum that lists a large number of tutorials to solve many
problems with Vista. If the link above doesn't do the trick, search that
site. You may find something else that will help.

--
Dave T.

You can't imagine the extra work I had when I was a god. - Hirohito,
Emporer of Japan
Old December 27th 08, 07:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
darkassain

Barbwire;921302 Wrote:
Just got a new laptop and I keep getting an alert from Windows Security
saying no malware protection.....I have McAfee and don't know how to
get the
alert to stop or to get it recognized. Help! Please!
--
Barbwire

if you still dont get it working then go to the windows security
where you have the red alert bars (you said malware protection) click
change settings...
then there click on i will monitor myself checkbox (it has that
wording.... not working in vista right so i cant check...lol)
then it will leave you alone...

--
darkassain
Old December 27th 08, 12:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Malke[_2_]

Barbwire wrote:

Just got a new laptop and I keep getting an alert from Windows Security
saying no malware protection.....I have McAfee and don't know how to get
the
alert to stop or to get it recognized. Help! Please!

Usually with new computers you need to register the preinstalled security
software. Have you done this? In any case, McAfee is one of the worst
choices for security software you could make (with Norton being another bad
one). My recommendation would be to completely uninstall McAfee and use
something better. Commercially, I like NOD32. For free antivirus software,
I like Avast.

Malke
--
MS-MVP