PC configuration for Vista REady PC, for a power user pl.

Old January 2nd 07, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
XpIndia

Default PC configuration for Vista REady PC, for a power user pl.

Hi friends

I want to upgrade my pc. Vista has made it look old

Pl tellme the mother board, videocard, ram, dvd writer and modem that I
should buy.
I want windows to be able to detect my devices and install drivers in moat
cases. Just like it does to creativer sound cards . by installing its
driver.

I want to use all best features of vista, which done work in intel 845
series.

Thanks

Old January 2nd 07, 11:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Rick Rogers

Hi,

Check your favorite hardware vendor site for Vista-ready components. What
you purchase depends on what you want the machine to be able to do, and how
much you are willing to spend.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Old January 3rd 07, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Colin Barnhorst

It is very difficult to do your own system when a new OS is just releasing.
It is much easier after an OS has been out for a while.

To be guaranteed that all devices will have Vista drivers and that
everything works right out of the box, I would buy a preconfigured system.
Wait until Jan 30 and take advantage of the sales from HP, Dell, Gateway, or
any of the large retail outlets on Launch Day. It should be one heck of a
day for sales. The sum of the individual components will cost you more than
a bundled system anyway. Plus, you will get a Vista machine with everything
preinstalled, tested, and supported.

Old January 5th 07, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert Pendell

Colin Barnhorst wrote:
It is very difficult to do your own system when a new OS is just
releasing. It is much easier after an OS has been out for a while.

To be guaranteed that all devices will have Vista drivers and that
everything works right out of the box, I would buy a preconfigured
system. Wait until Jan 30 and take advantage of the sales from HP, Dell,
Gateway, or any of the large retail outlets on Launch Day. It should be
one heck of a day for sales. The sum of the individual components will
cost you more than a bundled system anyway. Plus, you will get a Vista
machine with everything preinstalled, tested, and supported.

Not necessarily. What he is asking may only cost in the range of ~700
to ~1000 dollars. A comparable system can cost upwards of even that
high mark. However I would do my research. If you are looking for a
completely new system (all new parts) then a bundled setup is likely the
way to go.

P.S. - I do yearly upgrades. I upgrade my motherboard, processor, ram,
and video card (if necessary) and it doesn't exceed $1000. However I
check my prices and parts and check as many reviews as possible in order
to get an informed decision.
Old January 5th 07, 05:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Robert Pendell

XpIndia wrote:
Hi friends

I want to upgrade my pc. Vista has made it look old

Pl tellme the mother board, videocard, ram, dvd writer and modem that I
should buy.
I want windows to be able to detect my devices and install drivers in
moat cases. Just like it does to creativer sound cards . by installing
its driver.

I want to use all best features of vista, which done work in intel 845
series.

Thanks

Just about any nForce 4 Ultra based motherboard will be supported if you
are going the AMD route. I don't know for sure on the Intel end. Check
the on-board audio bit unless you are going to use an external card. I
am understanding that Creative is still working on Vista drivers. I'm
not aware on the other parts.

Most nVidia graphics cards are supported. Both ATI and nVidia have beta
Vista drivers released.

I would recommend Kingston or Corsair ram. OCZ ram is supposed to be
really good as well but you pay a premium for those.

The DVD Writer doesn't really matter there. NEC and Liteon make
excellent drives. Both brands work well in Vista. I have a NEC
ND-2500A drive in my system right now

The modem is the iffy part. Most winmodems on the market should be
supported. I had a really old Redowl modem (Conexant chipset based)
that stopped working on Vista. I replaced it with a different Conexant
chipset based modem and the system installed a generic driver for it. I
don't know the brand name because it was salvaged out of another computer.