unable to open any items from RUN command

Old January 2nd 09, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dinesh

Default unable to open any items from RUN command

Hi everyone,
I m trying to open anything from RUN command like msconfig,
services.msc, gpedit.msc, diskmgmt.msc etc... it gives an error saying
that i do not have the sufficient permission to open the file. I m the
administrator user. It used to open fine till yesterday. Also when i
open system properties to create a system restore point, it says that
the system restore creation is disabled by the Group policy editor.
Please help.
Thanks in Advance.

--
dinesh
Old January 2nd 09, 04:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Airbot

What have you done since yesterday dinesh?

--
Airbot

If I helped you then you can click on the scales arty:
If you helped me then Thank You.
Aaron
Old January 2nd 09, 05:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dinesh

Just uninstalled SUPERAntispyware. Nothing else.

--
dinesh
Old January 2nd 09, 05:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Airbot

dinesh;926797 Wrote:
Just uninstalled SUPERAntispyware. Nothing else.

You don't have any system restore points at all? If you tried to make
one after the fact to try to reverse it, it wouldn't work.

Old January 3rd 09, 01:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
dinesh

Hi Bender,
you are saying me to right click on Command Prompt, but i m not using
command prompt. my issue is i cannot open any application like device
mngr when typed into the RUN box(devmgmt.msc)|

--
dinesh

Old January 18th 09, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
R. C. White

Hi, Dinesh.

After typing devmgmt.msc into RUN, right-click on the filename in the Search
results and choose Run as Administrator. Then you'll need to furnish your
Administrator credentials, of course.

There are several other ways to get the same results. One way is to use
Windows Explorer to browse to the file in C:\Windows\System32, right-click
it and Run as Administrator.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
(Running Windows Live Mail 2009 in Win7 Ultimate x64 7000)