NVTV tuner card

Old January 3rd 07, 06:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ssc71353

Default NVTV tuner card

I was running Vista Ultimate with a EVGA nVidia NVTV tuner card with no
issues. On New Years day I got a message that my subscription for media
center had expired. Later I got a message that no tuner card was installed.
I then tried reinstalling the OS, and it never saw the tuner card, reintalled
MCE 2005 and the tuner card works fine. Has anyone else experienced this
problem and have a solution.
Old January 3rd 07, 06:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

You apparently got caught by the bug in Vista RC1 that disabled MC tuners at
the end of 2006.
The only workaround that I hve seen is to set the clock back but that will
make your Guide in operable.

Old January 3rd 07, 06:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
ssc71353

nVidia told me the card is no longer supported, any thoughts on if it will
work in the final release of Vista

Old January 3rd 07, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JW

Hopefully in VISTA RTM you will as a minimum be able to install the card in
XP compatibility mode and its MCE 2005 drivers will enable you to use it in
Vista MCE or as a minimum with its own TV application program if it has one.
I am surprised you got the response you did since the card is not that old,
however, it was discontinued prior to the Vista Betas which may mean they
have no obligation to support it on a new OS. Since it was working on RC1
makes me feel comportable that it will work on Vista RTM. The Vista RC1
tuner bug affected all MC compatible tuners not just yours.

news

Old February 5th 07, 10:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JSFL2

If you go to Nvidia's site and support you will see that the NVTV tuner does
have drivers available for vista x86 and x64.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/dualtv_...6_6.0.1.2.html

Hope this helps and good luck.

John