Vista Banter

-   -   Maxtor External harddrive cannot access (http://www.vistabanter.com/151114-maxtor-external-harddrive-cannot-access.html)

BaPW January 7th 09 03:04 AM

Maxtor External harddrive cannot access

I have an USB Maxtor harddrive. It has been working fine but now it
shows up under my computer but I cannot access it and when I go to
Device Manager it is listed and says that it is working properly but
still it will not access. Have tried to get it to access from inside
Word and other applications but no and it will not allow me to save to
it. Any help would be very much appreciated. Under My Computer it lists
the drive but does list any facts about the drive such as how much space
and is used and how much is left.
When I tried to open a location from the open dialog box it came back
with
F:\ is not accessible
The request could not be preformed because of in I/O device error.

--
BaPW

Richard G. Harper [MVP] January 7th 09 09:53 AM

Maxtor External harddrive cannot access

Sounds as if the device has a hardware problem. Does Maxtor offer software
to test the drive? If so that's where I'd start.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Desktop]
* NEW! Catch my blog ...