Wireless Mouse not functioning

Old January 7th 09, 05:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike92

Default Wireless Mouse not functioning

I had a wireless mouse that came with my PC and then suddenly after a
while it just stopped working and all it does when I put batteries in
it, is flash it's little red light. I press the 'connect' button on the
bottom of it but to no avail. I don't even think it's installed
correctly or something like that. It's been a while since it stopped
working. I'm not sure if I have the hand manuels for this wireless mouse
either, I'll have to look if it's required to fix it.

I'm just using a Wheel Mouse Optical USB and PS/2 Compatible in the
place of the 'broken' wireless mouse.

I'll probably just buy a new one but was wondering if there was a way
to make sure it was broken at least? I mean like where specifically can
I go to find the install directories (if that is something to look for)?

Or rather, how can I make my PC pick up the signal when I press the
'connect' button on the bottom of the mouse? It appears that a receiver
is built into the PC since whenever I use the Media Center 'remote' that
also came with my PC, a light flashes on the PC as if it was the
receiver. Am I making sense lol??

Model No. MR-0601T
Power Rating: 3V 50mA
Serial No. 7L23600174B
Version: TP
FCC ID: E8HMR-0601T

Great! Thank You Very Much

--
Mike92

If you enjoy what you do, you'll never work another day in your life.

-Master Kung
Old January 9th 09, 02:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andrew Murray[_8_]

Is this a laptop or PC? Can you provide full specs of the machine -
including Make and Model, also provide the operating system you're using.

Is this mouse a "generic" mouse or "branded" the same as the PC make (e.g.
Acer/Dell/HP) or is it a brand such as Microsoft or Logitech?

Generally a wireless mouse requires a receiver, that plugs into a USB port.
See the product below on www.ht.com.au:

http://www.ht.com.au/keyword/Wireles...ack/detail.hts

You mention a built-in receiver - which I suspect is not actually for the
mouse, but for the Remote control (for Media Centre/TV) and another
receiver/transmitter that enables your wireless internet (if you use that).

Old January 10th 09, 01:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike92

COMPUTER MODEL: GM5664
COMPUTER MANUFACTURER: GATEWAY
OS NAME: MICROSOFT® WINDOWS VISTA™ HOME PREMIUM
|C:\WINDOWS|\DEVICE\HARDDISK0\PARTITION2

OS VERSION: 6.0.6001
SYSTEM TYPE: X86-BASED PC
TOTAL PHYSICAL MEMORY: 3070 MB
WINDOWS DIRECTORY: C:\WINDOWS
BIOS VERSION: )PHOENIX - AWARD WORKSTATIONBIOS V6.00PG
CPU: AMD PHENOM(TM) 9600 QUAD-CORE PROCESSOR
VIDEO CARD: ATI RADEON HD 2400 XT
RESOLUTION: 1680 X 1050 X 4294967296 COLORS
That sufficient? Thank you, you probably could not view my specs
because you are a guest, I apologize. Thank you for any advice you can
give.

Andrew Murray;933974 Wrote:
Is this a laptop or PC? Can you provide full specs of the machine -
including Make and Model, also provide the operating system you're
using.

Is this mouse a "generic" mouse or "branded" the same as the PC make
(e.g.
Acer/Dell/HP) or is it a brand such as Microsoft or Logitech?

Generally a wireless mouse requires a receiver, that plugs into a USB
port.
See the product below on 'www.ht.com.au:' (http://www.ht.com.au:)

'ht.com.au | Logitech V220 Cordless Optical Mouse for Notebooks - Mouse
- optical - wireless - RF - USB wireless receiver - black'

Old January 10th 09, 03:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Mike92

Ok problem solved, it was soo simple of a task too...just had to press
the connect button on the bottom of the mouse and then press the one on
the receiver...heh..and that was it!!

Old January 12th 09, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Andrew Murray[_8_]

I'm using a newsreader, not the web interface.

"Mike92" wrote in message

COMPUTER MODEL: GM5664
COMPUTER MANUFACTURER: GATEWAY
OS NAME: MICROSOFT® WINDOWS VISTAT HOME PREMIUM

Old April 12th 09, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
remoteagents

If the wireless mouse is not functioning the best thing we can do is do
a power drain on the laptop and select Last Known good configuration,
and check the setting of the mouse, It will be functioning.
If it still doesn't work just power off the wireless mouse and keyboard
from USB and restart the same,

That's it will be functioning....

Regards,
Sandeep Kumar Seeram
' )

--
remoteagents
Old April 12th 09, 08:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
John Huecksteadt

Thanks, Sandeep. The mouse is functioning, but

1) Rotating the wheel does not scroll content (pages, lines, etc.)
2) One cannot assign "Double-click" to a wheel press
3) One cannot automatically position the cursor the the default button in
new dialog boxes

These are all desired features in the Intellipoint software in question. I
hope this clarifies my post. Thank you. -John