Old March 9th 07, 12:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bill Bray

Default Spooler SubSystem App Stopped Working And Was Closed

I'm getting the same thing. As we near a large rollout of Vista I have
started to notice this problem on my own workstation. I have has the same
configuration for quite some time now and this comes out of the blue?
Bill

"Dorin Brandusa" wrote:

Event viewer:

Faulting application spoolsv.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549b734, faulting module localspl.dll, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549bcf7, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00070a15, process id
0x5e8, application start time 0x01c753cf82366c15.

I have HP Photosmart 8250 Printer. Windows Vista has its own drivers, after
initial install of OS everything was fine, only 2 weeks back it just stopped
working. I've uninstalled every application and windows updates. I'm back to
square one, I still get error everytime I enable the Printer Spooler service.
Can anyone tell me what i'm missing, i've deleted all printers, cached files,
etc.

The only thing I haven't done is re-install the OS.