Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.5 installation problems

Old January 13th 09, 07:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.app_compatibility,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
CES[_2_]

Default Dragon Naturally Speaking 9.5 installation problems

All,
I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem recently and figured out a
workaround... I'm trying to install 9.5 (FYI - which is no longer available
on the Nuance.com site- Don't get me started!!!) on a 32bit version of Vista
Ultimate.

The error message is Error 1722... I've tried to install from my account
profile and the Administrator Account and still get this Error. User
Account Control is off...

Any help would be appreciated - CES

FYI - Has anyone tried this in Windows 7???

Old January 13th 09, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.app_compatibility,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
LVTravel

"CES" wrote in message
All,
I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem recently and figured out a
workaround... I'm trying to install 9.5 (FYI - which is no longer
available on the Nuance.com site- Don't get me started!!!) on a 32bit
version of Vista Ultimate.

The error message is Error 1722... I've tried to install from my account
profile and the Administrator Account and still get this Error. User
Account Control is off...

Any help would be appreciated - CES

FYI - Has anyone tried this in Windows 7???

Did you look at this FAQ on their web site?

http://knowledgebase.nuance.com/view...ovyv6B%208v56n

It references error you experienced. I suspect that Vista OS is not
supported but it doesn't say so.

Old January 14th 09, 11:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.app_compatibility,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Marty Markoe - eMicrophones, Inc.

"CES" wrote:
I was wondering if anyone has seen this problem recently and figured out a
workaround... I'm trying to install 9.5 (FYI - which is no longer available
on the Nuance.com site- Don't get me started!!!) on a 32bit version of Vista
Ultimate.

The error message is Error 1722... I've tried to install from my account
profile and the Administrator Account and still get this Error. User
Account Control is off...

We have two installations of Dragon 9.5 on Vista computers. Both went
without a hitch. If you are trying to install from a CD, try copying the
files to the hard drive and do the install there. Otherwise, try the
suggestion posted in the link by LVTravel.

Marty Markoe, eMicrophones, Inc.
See us at: http://www.emicrophones.com
Old January 14th 09, 12:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.app_compatibility,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Bobby Johnson[_2_]

If you have the 32-bit version of Vista, then why in the
heck are you cross-posting to 64-bit Windows?

There is a distinct lack of logic in this!

Old January 14th 09, 12:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.app_compatibility,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

If you have the 32-bit version of Vista, then why in the
heck are you cross-posting to 64-bit Windows?

That is a good point. At this time, no version of Dragon NaturallySpeaking
will work with Vista 64 bit.

Marty
Old January 14th 09, 06:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.app_compatibility,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dominic Payer[_2_]

DNS 9.5 can be installed on x64, but you need to copy the installation files
to disk and then edit the installer file with Orca to remove the
restriction.

It is said there will be an x64 version of DNS10 sometime in Q1 2009.

Old January 15th 09, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general,microsoft.public.windows.app_compatibility,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
CES[_2_]

Thank you Marty it was the DEP, Does anyone know what MSFT has dune to make
this issue raise it's head now after so long. I had the same issue with
installing Adobe CS3 and Nero... It has to be in the last few months that
MSFT has changed something because I rebuilt my computer in September and
none of the issues surfaced.

FYI the 9.5 version of Dragon is available here -
http://wcarchive.cdrom.com/pub/scans...referred_B.exe

Will now try loading on my 64 bit Win 7 machine, with modifications to code
base, and will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again Marty - CES