Acronis True Image Home 2009

Old January 14th 09, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Oscar

Default Acronis True Image Home 2009

In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool for
Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True Image
2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.

Old January 14th 09, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Telstar

"oscar" wrote in message
In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool
for
Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True
Image
2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.

I paid for 2009...and promptly ripped it out. It is bug-ridden and even can
lead to BSOD.

Old January 14th 09, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Oscar

Same here. Acronis TIH 2009 created a pre-BSOD error message "fatal hardware
or system software failure." I rebooted computer to stop the inevitable
death.

A workaround that helped me was:
1) Turn off UAC.
2) Reboot.
3) Log-in as administrator.
I was then able to restore and backup simple files but... access to TIH 2009
was denied in the user accounts. I never had problems like that with the 10
and 11 versions.

I found other workarounds that would allow me to use TIH 2009 temporary but
the problem is that one has to use workarounds for a new release. Plus when
the computer is rebooted, the workaround has to be reinstated.

Verdict: unacceptable.

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

Old January 14th 09, 11:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
terca novie

Verdict: unacceptable.

Reminds me of Vista when it was RTM..

Old January 14th 09, 11:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Oscar

I purchased Vista in mid-2007, so I lucked out because I never had major
issues with it like some of the early users.

Old January 14th 09, 11:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Richie Hardwick[_2_]

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:10:01 -0800, oscar
wrote:

Verdict: unacceptable.

Works GREAT on my 32-bit system ;-)

Richie Hardwick
Old January 14th 09, 11:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Seymour Newman[_4_]

I have been using Acronis True Image Home 2009 since November without any
problems under Vista Ultimate. I have three tasks, #1 backing up my C; drive
as an image, #2 - covering My Documents and #3 - Offsite (monthly) doe My
Documents. I guess I am lucky.

--

Seymour

Old January 15th 09, 03:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Telstar

wrote:

Verdict: unacceptable.

Works GREAT on my 32-bit system ;-)

Richie Hardwick

I have 32-bit. After the BSOD, it told me I had an unregistered version
everytime I rebooted and re-entered the key. Out it went.

Old January 15th 09, 08:15 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Matt Ellis

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 14:43:00 -0800, oscar
wrote:

In the past I have recommended Acronis True Image for a good backup tool for
Vista, but my experiences with the very recent release of Acronis True Image
2009 and reports that there are bugs in this latest release, I recommend
passing on Acronis TIH 2009 for 64 bit Vista.

I've used it for about 90 days with no problems (Vista Home Premium
64)