Dell Wireless Vista Ultimate x64 BSOD: X64_0x3D_bcmwl664+580b4

Old January 17th 09, 05:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
SteveC

Default Dell Wireless Vista Ultimate x64 BSOD: X64_0x3D_bcmwl664+580b4

Hi there,

I recently ordered a new Dell XPS M1530 with Vista Home Premium. I upgraded
it to Vista Ultimate x64 and ever since I installed the drivers from Dell for
my wireless, I've been receiving seemingly random BSODs. Here is the
information you may find necessary:

Device Name: Dell Wireless 1505 Draft 802.11n WLAN Mini-Card
Driver Title: "Broadcom Extensible 802.11 Network Adapter Driver"
Driver Location and Name: c:\windows\system32\drivers\bcmwl664.sys

As a note of mention, this same issue happened to me once in Windows 7 Beta
1 build 7000, which I installed on a separate partition on this laptop. Any
ideas or help would be greatly appreciated. I've already tried searching for
updated drivers (via Windows Update; I haven't Gooooogled or searched Dell's
site yet) and run through all the, "Problem Reports and Solutions" scenarios,
sans disabling auto-tuning or the device altogether.

Thanks for your time and any help,
Stephen
Old January 17th 09, 09:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Barb Bowman

In Vista Ultimate, can you roll back the driver from device
managers, network, adapter, properties, driver?

In Win7, there is a known bug with the Broadcom driver. The network
team at MS is testing a fixed driver. Remember, Win7 is still a
beta.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP