Vista Sound Recorder problem

Old January 18th 09, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ConstantPhoenix

Default Vista Sound Recorder problem

Hello All,

I have a problem with my sound recorder on Vista.

First, I was disappointed with the new sound recorder, I needed to edit
the sound files for my projects, and as far as I knew, that was not a
ability with the new one. So I downloaded the old XP one. It was just a
straight .exe file. I ran it and of course I got the standard permission
message. The message warned me that it was a registry editor. I ran it
and after, I lost the ability to record and talk on my computer.

Is there a fix? Thanks,

- CP

--
ConstantPhoenix
Old January 18th 09, 03:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
David Carrasco

Where did you download the recorder from?

--

David C.
Microsoft Certified Trainer

Old January 18th 09, 04:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ConstantPhoenix

'{ Héroes Certificados }' (http://www.heroescertificados.com)

"ConstantPhoenix" escribió en el mensaje de

Hello All,

I have a problem with my sound recorder on Vista.

First, I was disappointed with the new sound recorder, I needed to

edit
the sound files for my projects, and as far as I knew, that was not a
ability with the new one. So I downloaded the old XP one. It was just

straight .exe file. I ran it and of course I got the standard

permission
message. The message warned me that it was a registry editor. I ran

it
and after, I lost the ability to record and talk on my computer.

Is there a fix? Thanks,

- CP

--
ConstantPhoenix

I don't have a link, but It was from a site where Vista was reviewed,
and a member posted the original .exe of sndrec32.exe (witch is on my
desktop). I downloaded and ran it with Live OneCare. No threats found.
It worked up until I decided to run It as Admin. Thats when the problem
occured.

What I think happend is that it edited the registry, and replaced some
type of file with an outdated or corrupted one. Any thoughts. Any help
is greatly appreciated.

- CP

--
ConstantPhoenix
Old January 18th 09, 04:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ConstantPhoenix

[...]

occurred.

What I think happened is that it edited the registry, and replaced some

Old January 18th 09, 08:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ConstantPhoenix

"ConstantPhoenix" wrote:

Hello All,

I have a problem with my sound recorder on Vista.

First, I was disappointed with the new sound recorder, I needed to

edit
the sound files for my projects, and as far as I knew, that was not a
ability with the new one. So I downloaded the old XP one. It was just

straight .exe file. I ran it and of course I got the standard

permission
message. The message warned me that it was a registry editor. I ran

it
and after, I lost the ability to record and talk on my computer.

Is there a fix? Thanks,

- CP

--
ConstantPhoenix

No, would that delete all the programs and files that I've recently
installed and programed?

- CP

--
ConstantPhoenix
Old January 18th 09, 12:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Tony UK

System Restore would not affect any files or data that you created. It only
puts back the system itself. But if you installed any new applications, these
would probably have to be reinstalled, and if the restoration date is prior
to any Windows updates, these would have to be downloaded a second time. If
you try it let us know how you get on.

Old January 18th 09, 10:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ConstantPhoenix

"ConstantPhoenix" wrote:
No, would that delete all the programs and files that I've

recently
installed and programed?

- CP

--
ConstantPhoenix

Would a possible fix be to just download the current Vista Sound
recorder? Maybe If I could do that it would reinstall the old files and
possibly fix it.

--
ConstantPhoenix
Old January 18th 09, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Dave-UK[_2_]

"ConstantPhoenix" wrote in message ...

Would a possible fix be to just download the current Vista Sound
recorder? Maybe If I could do that it would reinstall the old files and
possibly fix it.

--
ConstantPhoenix

The Vista Sound Recorder exe file should still be on your computer.
Running the Xp version would not have deleted the Vista file.

Old January 19th 09, 02:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
ConstantPhoenix

Dave-UK;943530 Wrote:
"ConstantPhoenix" wrote in message

Would a possible fix be to just download the current Vista Sound
recorder? Maybe If I could do that it would reinstall the old files

and
possibly fix it.

--
ConstantPhoenix The Vista Sound Recorder exe file should still be on your computer.

Running the Xp version would not have deleted the Vista file.

Really? I still have the sound recorder.exe. It asked to edit some
registries. I thought maybe that's the cause.

--
ConstantPhoenix