outlook 2007

Old January 19th 09, 07:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Wiolf Meier

Default outlook 2007

I ouse outlook on my PC. I just purchased a laptop (with Windows Ultimate)
and I want to copy my outlook files to the laptop.
Does anyone know how to do that?
Old January 19th 09, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
DL

Whats that got to do with Vista?
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
In any case unless you paid extra for Office you only have trial version of
Office/Outlook

news

Old January 20th 09, 08:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Nou Bary[_3_]

Hi, in the new laptop open outlook but not configure nothing yet, the
process will create an outlook pst file, later we will delete.
Close Outlook.
Copy from your old computer all the directory:
"C:\Users\userName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlo ok\*.* " to the same
direction in your new computer.

Open outlook and everething could be ok, in case outlook can not
recognize, you can add manually the pst file and remove the deault pst
file created by outlook.

Good luck!

--
Nou Bary
Nou Bary's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/nou-bary.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old January 20th 09, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not correct. Overwriting Outlook files will simply corrupt the profile
without connecting the data to the profile.
Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer:
http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm
http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm

Note that some of the information on these pages is outdated and no longer
applies to Outlook 2003 or 2007. Specifically:
1. Ignore any advice to copy your PST file to Outlook's default location to
connect it to your profile. Doing so only corrupts your profile. Copy it
anywhere BUT the default location and open it within your Outlook profile.
2. Ignore any advice that tells you to use export or import to transfer
Outlook data. That has never been sound advice, but the process has become
too deeply flawed now to be of any use whatsoever.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 20th 09, 02:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
DL

If outlook hasnt been configured there will be such path, if such a path
exists overwriting an existing pst will likely result in a corrupt pst and
Profile

Old January 20th 09, 02:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Mike Torello

"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Not correct. Overwriting Outlook files will simply corrupt the profile
without connecting the data to the profile.

Sometimes correct, but you couldn't prove it by me. I've done that
scores of times and have never had a problem.
Old January 20th 09, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Gordon[_5_]

"Mike Torello" wrote in message
"Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

Not correct. Overwriting Outlook files will simply corrupt the profile
without connecting the data to the profile.

Sometimes correct, but you couldn't prove it by me. I've done that
scores of times and have never had a problem.

Then you've been extremely lucky.....

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Old January 20th 09, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Peter Foldes[_2_]

Mike

Sometimes correct, but you couldn't prove it by me. I've done that
scores of times and have never had a problem.

Playing Russian Roulette are we ??

--
Peter

Old January 20th 09, 03:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Nou Bary[_4_]

I did this procedure every time change to a new computer and my last
time was 2 weeks ago and to a windows vista ultimate edition and works
perfectly, never this process corrupt my files. And by the way, what
files will corrupt is you not configure outlook yet?
The advantage of this procedure is that all the mails, contacts, task
and rules are copied and you save time.
But as all forums, is your decision to do or not.

Good Luck!