Installing Canon 9950F Scanner

Old February 26th 09, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

Default Installing Canon 9950F Scanner

There may not be any Vista drivers for it.
What you apparently got at the site was XP 64 bit drivers which may work if
you install them using XP compatibility mode.

"theanswer" wrote in message

I have the 9950F and am unable to install any drivers for it on Vista.
When I open the 64 bit drivers from the canon site it says " These
drivers are not compatible with 64bit windows" or somthing along thse
lines

--
theanswer
theanswer's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/theanswer.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old February 26th 09, 04:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
theanswer[_2_]

Ive got a version of the drivers to work. I can scan using windows scan
and fax application. but when i try and use canoscan toolbox to scan
nagatives or film I get the message "Unable to select twain source". Any
fix or subsitute program to scan film?

Old February 26th 09, 06:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jim Moriarty[_2_]

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:52:36 +0530, theanswer
wrote:

Ive got a version of the drivers to work. I can scan using windows scan
and fax application. but when i try and use canoscan toolbox to scan
nagatives or film I get the message "Unable to select twain source". Any
fix or subsitute program to scan film?

http://www.hamrick.com/

It's not free, but it's probably your only option.
Old February 26th 09, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Curious[_5_]

What did you do to get the drivers to work?
Did you install both the drivers and canoscan toolbox using XP compatibility
mode?

Old February 26th 09, 10:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
theanswer[_3_]

I downloaded the drivers on this link

http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html

When I turned the scanner on it was recognised

Old February 27th 09, 03:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Clark[_4_]

theanswer wrote:
I downloaded the drivers on this link

http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html

When I turned the scanner on it was recognised

Looks like there is possibly a virus or trojan on your suggested site..
Zone Alarm shows Exploit.SWF.Downloader.lu I an trying to research,
but wanted to warn now.

Clark
Old February 27th 09, 04:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
theanswer[_4_]

When I install canoscan toolbox in compatibility mode I get the same
messgae.

But when I try and install the scangear drivers the install fails
because it says it is for 32 bit operation systems.