EFS UI Application has stopped working

Old February 14th 09, 06:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Matthew

Default EFS UI Application has stopped working

Randomly when I am using my computer, I get the following error:
"EFS UI Application has stopped working". A screenshot is located he
http://tinyurl.com/dxnkrp. Contact me if you need more information.
Old February 19th 09, 04:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
Sam Hobbs[_2_]

Default EFS UI Application has stopped working: Do not go there!

Do not go to the site that the original message in this thread says to look
at. I did and I was unable to get the browser windows to stop, until I used
the Task Manage to kill IE. I don't use tabs so hopefully it is just a bug
that won't affect most people but it sure was an convenience for me and
suspicious.

Actually, the problem might be related to a bug in IE 8; I installed a beta
version of IE 8 and then uninstalled it and there is at least one bug that
persists in my system. However this is the only site in three months or more
that I have had this problem.

Old February 19th 09, 01:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
windows media player[_3_]

Old February 19th 09, 01:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
windows media player[_3_]

Old February 19th 09, 01:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
windows media player[_3_]

Old February 19th 09, 10:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

On Feb 19, 12:12*am, "Sam Hobbs" wrote:
Do not go to the site that the original message in this thread says to look
at. I did and I was unable to get the browser windows to stop, until I used
the Task Manage to kill IE. I don't use tabs so hopefully it is just a bug
that won't affect most people but it sure was an convenience for me and
suspicious.

Actually, the problem might be related to a bug in IE 8; I installed a beta
version of IE 8 and then uninstalled it and there is at least one bug that
persists in my system. However this is the only site in three months or more
that I have had this problem.

This was not done on purpose. It opens fine in IE7. Does anyone have
any suggestions for this? It is very annoying to have that message.