Windows Vista and Games Relating to running games and relateds issues under Windows Vista. (microsoft.public.windows.vista.games)

vista spider solitaire helper

Old February 21st 09, 10:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
rrobelen

Default vista spider solitaire helper

I don't see any fireworks in Vista spider. I used to see them in XP
spider. Are you sure you are playing Vista spider?

--
rrobelen
Old February 23rd 09, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
Mark

Vista spider plays fireworks when you win a game.

You might try resetting your numbers, perhaps that will zero it out and fix
the problem. Another possibility would be to uninstall and reinstall it.

Hope that helps!
Mark

Old February 23rd 09, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
rrobelen

Now I see I did not have animation turned on hence no fireworks.

--
rrobelen
Old March 2nd 09, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
windowman59

Has anyone else noticed that spider solitare gives incorrect win rate
percentages? It's usually a percentage point lower than it should be.
For instance, right now it shows my win rate at 8% for the difficult
level. That's with 36 wins and 375 losses. However, 36 divided by 375 is
.096 which is well over 9%.

--
windowman59
Old November 13th 09, 03:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
oswaldo novaes

Default playing 4 suits

It is my first time on a spider solitaire sight. I was surprised to see that anyone would play 2 suits. Be persistent and try 4 suits, you don't win very often but when you do - what a thrill. I'm addicted, can't go to sleep unless I play at least a couple of games! Try it. Oswaldo

rrobelen wrote:

vista spider solitaire helper
16-Feb-09

I play Vista spider 2 suits (intermediate). I have solved the first 516
games (and still going). I read somewhere that all 2 suit games are
solveable. I could not have solved the games without an Excel
spreadsheet that I developed that does not solve the games but helps you
solve them by keeping track of the cards you have managed to expose. I
only use it on the hard ones but without it I would have given up on
many. I would be happy to share it with anyone who is like me and is
determined to solve every game. It has an easy way to enter the cards.

--
rrobelen

On Monday, February 16, 2009 12:20 PM
rrobelen wrote:

vista spider solitaire helper
I play Vista spider 2 suits (intermediate). I have solved the first 516
games (and still going). I read somewhere that all 2 suit games are
solveable. I could not have solved the games without an Excel
spreadsheet that I developed that does not solve the games but helps you
solve them by keeping track of the cards you have managed to expose. I
only use it on the hard ones but without it I would have given up on
many. I would be happy to share it with anyone who is like me and is
determined to solve every game. It has an easy way to enter the cards.

--
rrobelen

On Monday, February 16, 2009 7:24 PM
Mark wrote:

Thats an amazing achievement (I'm only at 42%)However, given that there are
Thats an amazing achievement (I am only at 42%)

However, given that there are 104 cards and the (supposedly) random delivery
of them, are not there hundreds of millions of possibilities?

Mark

On Tuesday, February 17, 2009 6:46 AM
James Matthews wrote:

You can reinstall the game if you want.
You can reinstall the game if you want. Then it should fix your issue

--

http://www.astorandblack.com/

On Tuesday, February 17, 2009 4:48 PM
rrobelen wrote:

I don't have an issue with the game. I think you misread my post-- rrobelen
I do not have an issue with the game. I think you misread my post

--
rrobelen

On Wednesday, February 18, 2009 6:52 PM
rrobelen wrote:

solvable but all the 2 suit games are.
solvable but all the 2 suit games are. If this is true then the games
are not randomly dealt. I can easily construct a deck of cards where you
could not make a move on any of the 6 deals of the cards.::
the game and see if I could in fact solve all the 2 suit games I played.
In time I ran into a very hard game which lead to my constructing what I
call my ?spider helper?. It is an Excel spreadsheet with some VBA code
behind it to make it easy to enter the cards that are exposed. Seeing
which stacks had not been exposed and then concentrating them lead me to
a solution for the game. Since it does take some work to enter the cards
I don?t use it on every game. I do not have a precise way to decide when
to use it (my mood comes into play). I would say, on average, I use the
helper on maybe one out of every 10 games but that is just a guess.::
suits like me. When I was playing 2 suit spider on XP (where you can
only go back up to the last suit removal) I was at 40%. Of course in
spider on Vista you can back up all the way to the beginning which makes
it much easier to find a solution.::
have given up on some games. Before I built the helper I had one that
took me over 2000 moves to solve. Using the helper casts the game in a
new light.::

Mark;1171493 Wrote:

--
rrobelen

On Friday, February 20, 2009 11:10 AM
Mamie wrote:

vista spider solitaire helper
rrobelen;970768 Wrote:

I just got Vista and played many games of spider solitaire. I completed
all games yet when I checked my statistics it said I had lost one game-
I hadn't. I reset the stats and started again. After about 60 games, it
again said I had lost one. I had completed all, but did back track. I
wondered if by back tracking before ending the game you lose a game,
even though I went to the end and solved it.
Can anyone help?

--
Mamie

On Friday, February 20, 2009 12:26 PM
rrobelen wrote:

vista spider solitaire helper
Mamie;973314 Wrote:
I have been able to backtrack many times in a game and when I
ultimately complete it it has always counted as a win. My stats are
now:
Games played 526
Games won 526
Win percentage 100%

Longest winning streak 526
Longest losings streak 0
Current streak 526

--
rrobelen

On Friday, February 20, 2009 2:34 PM
Mamie wrote:

Thanks for that.
Thanks for that. There must be a glitch in mine because I have
definitely completed each game but twice now it has ruined my stats
without warning!
Good luck to you in your scoring!

--
Mamie

On Friday, February 20, 2009 8:05 PM
rrobelen wrote:

I assume you are playing in the Intermediate or Advanced option.
I assume you are playing in the Intermediate or Advanced option. I am
playing Intermediate but I can't believe the game performs differently
in any mode. I have never tried it in Beginner mode.

--
rrobelen

On Saturday, February 21, 2009 8:44 AM
Mamie wrote:

I am playing in the Intermediate option.
I am playing in the Intermediate option. It is mysterious that after the
fireworks, it just records a winning game as a loss inexplicably. But
thanks for the sympathy.

--
Mamie

On Saturday, February 21, 2009 5:28 PM
rrobelen wrote:

I don't see any fireworks in Vista spider. I used to see them in XPspider.
I do not see any fireworks in Vista spider. I used to see them in XP
spider. Are you sure you are playing Vista spider?

--
rrobelen

On Monday, February 23, 2009 10:33 AM
Mark wrote:

Vista spider plays fireworks when you win a game.
Vista spider plays fireworks when you win a game.

You might try resetting your numbers, perhaps that will zero it out and fix
the problem. Another possibility would be to uninstall and reinstall it.

Hope that helps!
Mark

"rrobelen" wrote in message

On Monday, February 23, 2009 12:45 PM
rrobelen wrote:

Now I see I did not have animation turned on hence no fireworks.-- rrobelen
Now I see I did not have animation turned on hence no fireworks.

--
rrobelen

On Monday, March 02, 2009 1:47 PM
windowman59 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that spider solitare gives incorrect win
Has anyone else noticed that spider solitare gives incorrect win rate
percentages? It's usually a percentage point lower than it should be.
For instance, right now it shows my win rate at 8% for the difficult
level. That's with 36 wins and 375 losses. However, 36 divided by 375 is
..096 which is well over 9%.

--
windowman59

BOOK REVIEW: Super SQL Server Systems [Rampant]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...er-sql-se.aspx