0x000000B8 Blue Screen

Old February 17th 09, 02:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tony

Default 0x000000B8 Blue Screen

Hi, i recently installed Windows Vista 32-bit Home Premium. I've had it for
about two weeks now, And at least once a day I get a blue screen saying "A
wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine."
Blue screen code 0x000000B8. It seems to happen more often when installing
something anywhere from a program, game, or even windows updates. I've
updated all my drivers and still no luck. I built my PC myself Specs are
below.

P.S. Sorry if this isn't the right forum topic, from what I've heard this
particular blue screen is caused by drivers.

Windows Vista 32-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ 3.22 GHz
Memory: OCZ Dual CHannel PC6400 DDR2 800MHz 2.00GB
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
DirectX 10
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI

I hope this is enough info any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Old February 18th 09, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
R. C. White

Hi, Tony.

Always the first Stop in researching Stop Codes:
http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

About B8, it says this:
paste
0x000000B8: ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC
These are generally hardware issues (which often means driver issues). The
articles given below are provided more as examples of the types of
situations that trigger this error, rather than concrete solutions. As a
rule, be sure you have the latest Service Pack edition of your Windows
operating system and are using the best device drivers and software
versions. After that, do normal hardware troubleshooting for the device
inplicated.
/paste

I don't have a solution for you, but this should get you started.

Sounds like you have a very nice rig! ;)

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

Microsoft Windows MVP
Windows Live Mail 2009 (14.0.8064.0206) in Win7 Ultimate x64 7000

Old February 18th 09, 04:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Tony

Thanks for the tip, I currently have the latest Windows Vista service pack
and all the Windows Updates. All of my drivers are updated. I'm completely
clueless. I've seen this error alot on Windows 2000 and very little on XP,
but can't find any solutions for Vista at all. Is there a way to pinpoint
which driver it could be? I tried using the "verifier" in Vista and I get a
different blue screen, but it doesn't specify which driver it is. Just gives
me a "0x000000cd" blue screen error instead.

Old February 20th 09, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
e01b48

Every BSOD creates a dmp file. We need at least the analyze part of the
dmp file for further analysis.

--
e01b48
e01b48's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/e01b48.htm