video playback speed too fast

Old November 12th 09, 08:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
Jeff Zerbe

Default Did you find the answer

I am having the same problem

Michael Walraven wrote:

video playback speed too fast
25-Feb-09

GOM also plays the clip to fast.

On Saturday, February 21, 2009 10:33 AM
Michael Walraven wrote:

video playback speed too fast
source of video is a Sony DSC-H50 camera set to 'Std' record mode. Ifran
reports:
width 640
height 471
bitsperpixel 32
frames 378 (25.0 fps)
length 15.12 seconds

actual playback is too fast at about 9 seconds (Windows Media Player) with
'chipmunk' sound.
playback on the camera is 15 seconds

camera manual says that in 'Std' mode it should be about 17 frames/sec.

Vista Home Premium, SP1, all patches from Automatic updates.

Must be something in my setup as I don't see this as common in my Google
search.
Any advice would be welcome.

Thanks, Michael

On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 1:18 AM
zachd [MSFT] wrote:

What file format is it?
What file format is it?
Does it play correctly/convert correctly in Windows Movie Maker?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Michael Walraven" wrote in message

On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 9:20 AM
Michael Walraven wrote:

it is an mpg suffix.
it is an mpg suffix.
it plays 'fast' in Windows Movie Maker

not sure about 'convert' I looked around in the various functions of movie
maker without finding a 'convert'. I tried unchecking all the converters and
with the default set both with same 'fast' playback.

I tried AutoMovie but it complained it could not because no video or
pictures are selected, the combined duration of the selected video clips or
pictures in not at least 30 seconds (five copies of the 15 seconds clip for
1 minute) or one or more of the selected video files contains a codec that
is not supported by AutoMovie.

I am not a user of movie maker so there could be some operator malfunction
associated here.

I vaguely remember seeing comments about codecs with reference to how to
tell what codec a file required but don't remember what to do.
Thanks for help.
Michael

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote in message

On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:23 AM
Michael Walraven wrote:

followupI found gspot, which reports on codecs etc required for a file.
followup
I found gspot, which reports on codecs etc required for a file.
Shows that it needs MPEG1 / MPEG-1 which is installed.
also reports length: 15.120 Frms:378 and Pics/sec 25.00 Frames/sec 25
(378/15.12 = 25) (from camera manual should be about 15 frames/sec)

play back within Gspot is also fast.
Looking more and more that it is the camera's fault for improper encoding??

"Michael Walraven" wrote in message

On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 10:55 AM
Michael Walraven wrote:

video playback speed too fast
even more follow up:
Gspot allows just playing the video or the audio streams.
If I play the video stream only the playback speed appears to be correct!
(I.e. about 15 seconds).
Under proposed solutions and tests doing just the audio stream all of the
solutions failed.

(Src) -- --[A]--[MPEG-I Stream Splitter]--[b]--[ACM:MPEG Layer-3 Audio
Codec for MSACM ]--[C]--[Default DirectSound Device ]
Failed to connect Output pin 0x4f70124 ("Audio") on MPEG-I Stream Splitter
in input pin 0x04ebf2e4("input" on filter 0x031axa02("MPEG Layer-3 Audio
Codec for MSACM"). ConnectDirect() failed. Error:0x80040200: (unknown)

(SRC)----(A)--[MPEG-I Stream Splitter ]--(B)--[DMO:MP3 Decoder
DMO ]--?--[Default DirectSound Device]
Failed to create instance of DMO filter MP3 Decoder DMO. Error:
0x80004002unknown)

there are also two other pairs of reports similar referencing Roxio streams
(I have Roxio Easy media creater) with similar failure messages.

Perhaps I don't have 'direct sound' properly setup.??
I have 'SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC' as my sound device (integrated
on motherboard, Dell XPS410 desktop. Drivers are downloaded from Dell on
2/15/2008.

DirectX diagnostic tool does not see any problems (Directx10) with either
video or audio.

"Michael Walraven" wrote in message

On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 2:48 PM
Ringmaster wrote:

video playback speed too fast
On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 10:23:51 -0500, "Michael Walraven"
wrote:

ALWAYS suspect Media Player itself until you rule it out. Try another
player like GOM player.

Media Player will play files too slow, too fast, get the audio out of
sync with the video, play only the audio and not the video or the
other way around, report the incorrect length, play the video upside
down, have the colors reversed, stop, sputter and in general is a pain
in the ass to use. It's crap. The irony is Microsoft KNOWS all I just
said is true.

On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:47 PM
Michael Walraven wrote:

video playback speed too fast
GOM also plays the clip to fast.

On Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:02 PM
Jeff Zerbe wrote:

Did you find a solution
I am having the same problem

Seamless Data Compression in .NET
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...mpression.aspx

Old November 12th 09, 10:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_video
John Inzer[_2_]

Jeff Zerbe wrote:
I am having the same problem

zachd [MSFT] wrote:

What file format is it?
What file format is it?
Does it play correctly/convert correctly in Windows Movie Maker?

--
Speaking for myself only.
rights.

=======================================

If you have a Realtek Audio Driver...the
following info might be worth a look:

This could be caused by the Karaoke
settings in Realtek Sound Effect Manager.

Go to Control Panel and open Sound
Effect Manager / Sound Effect tab...
set KaraOK to +0

More info.....