Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits

Old March 3rd 09, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.general,microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices,microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
Curious[_5_]

Default Blue Screen at the Installation on Vista 64 bits

I see in another newsgroup that it was not a voltage problem.
If you have a 64 bit capable CPU you should have no problem installing and
running Vista 64 with 2GB of ram.

"Luc Martinet" wrote in message
Ok. Thank you. You were right. I put back my old RAM memory sticks and
it works. I will do as you said and post a new message.

Thank you very much, Curious!

"Curious" a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : ...
Don't make any BIOS changes until you confirm that the system will run
with only 2GB of memory physically installed.
Then make a new post whose subject is something like "4GB of model memory
won't work on model yyyy motherboard"

"Luc Martinet" wrote in message
Oh, ok. Great answer! It could be it... Because I added 2 Go of RAM
to the computer. But, I don't see anywhere in my BIOS settings where
to change the voltage.

"Curious" a écrit dans le message de
The reason for trying to install with 2GB of ram instead of 4GB is to
find out if the problem with 4GB is due to not enough power available
at the voltage setting in your BIOS so support the 4GB of memory sticks
you have installed it is not due to any known Vista software problems.

"Luc Martinet" wrote in message
Thyank you for you help. I will wait to see if there is an other way
to solve that problem permanently. I don't want to have to unscrew my
RAM everytime I want to format and reinstall Vista. But, for me, I
fell really screwed by Microsoft...

"Curious" a écrit dans le message de
AFAIK no.

"Luc Martinet" wrote in message
Can I do it without physically removing the RAM?
"Curious" a écrit dans le message de
Reduce the ram to 2GB and try again. If it installs ok and works
for a couple of days then try upgrading to 4GB.

"Luc Martinet" wrote in message
news Hi,

When I boot my computer with Vista 64 , I always get a blue screen
with the following error message :

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to
prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen,
restart your computer. If the screen appears again, follow these
steps :
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driveris
identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with
the manufacturer for drivers updates. Try changing video
adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updated. Disable
BIOS memory options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to
use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.
Thecnical informations:
*** STOP: 0x0000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFA600117F603,
0xFFFFFA6002D84ED8, 0xFFFFFA6002D848B0)
*** fltmgr.sys - Adress FFFFFA600117F603 base at
FFFFFA600115C000. DateStamp 47919082

Same thing with Windows 7. But, with Vista 32 bits DVD, no
problem. I suspect my DVD burner to be the problem, since it make
the hell of a noise at the startup with Vista 64 an Windows 7
DVD's.

Could you please hepl me to solve that problem and to decrypt that
error message?

My computer is a HP Pavillon DV9000 with an AMD Turion 64
processor and 4 Go of RAM.

I was able to install Vista 64 before. There was a blue screen
sometimes, but now, it's all the time.

Thank you.