Windows Fax and Scan and Outlook contacts

Old March 27th 09, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
SjanUK[_3_]

Default Windows Fax and Scan and Outlook contacts

I am using Vista Ultimate (x64) and using MS Outlook 2003, I was getting
the problem when right clicking a fax in Windows Fax and Scan (WFS).

I got the solution here
http://vista.maranciuc.com/index.php...12.msg18#msg18 now a new
e-mail opens with the Fax attached and ready for me to add contacts from
MS Outlook 2003.

--
SjanUK
SjanUK's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/85654.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Old March 27th 09, 07:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook][_2_]

That's not a solution at all. That's the very first thing we did, and always
is. It hasn't worked for Drew.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old March 4th 10, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
killerb255

Thread necromancy, but still useful...

I can confirm that the problem only occurs with Vista x64 and Windows 7
x64 (haven't tried XP x64 or Server 2003 x64 to see if their fax clients
are affected yet).

A side-by-side comparison between a Windows 7 x86 virtual machine and
an x64 VM told me this much. Control Panel - Default Programs under
Microsoft Outlook and Windows Contacts were identical.

Regardless, Win7 x86 has no problems using Outlook Address Book
Contacts for WF&S, but x64 does.

This also happens when using the Outlook 2010 x64 beta with Win7
x64--WF&S still can't pull Outlook Contacts.

--
killerb255

Old March 4th 10, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
Russ Valentine[_2_]

Are you certain the Outlook Address Book Service was configured correctly on
the x64 machines? Since that requires the 32 bit Mail applet, it may not
have been.
You didn't quote the beginning of the thread so your post is a bit hard to
follow.
--
Russ Valentine

Old March 17th 10, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
killerb255

Positive.

I've also confirmed that this problem even predates Vista and Outlook
2007.

I just installed a Windows XP x64 VM and Outlook 2003. I tried to use
XP x64's fax client to our SBS 2008 Fax server. I can't pull up Outlook
Address Book contacts in XP x64 either.

So, to review:

XP x86 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = works.
XP x64 and Outlook 2003 = no dice (haven't tried 2007 in XP x64 yet, but
I don't think that'll tell us anything relevant).
Vista x86 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = works.
Vista x64 and Outlook 2003, 2007 = no.
Windows 7 x86 and Outlook 2007 = works.
Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2007 = no.
Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2010 x64 = no.

The bottom line is that there is a problem with the Outlook Address Book
communicating with the x64 fax client in NT5 AND Windows Fax & Scan in
NT6!!! Since Outlook 2010 has this problem as well, I think it's more
of a problem with Outlook in general than processor architecture.

--
killerb255