Search Network Drive?

Old January 11th 07, 09:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Scott Townsend

Default Search Network Drive?

We store all of our personal Data on a Network Drive. I'd like the Search to
Index that share and or Mapped Drive.

My Show All Locations button in the Indexing Options Control Panel is Grayed
out. I do not see a way to Add a Share or Mapped Drive.

thanks,
Scott-

Old January 12th 07, 06:47 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Scott

Please see the following link.

Availability of the Windows Desktop Search: Add-in for Files on Microsoft
Networks:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918996

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

Old January 19th 07, 12:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Scott

Your welcome, glad this helped.

Old January 20th 07, 11:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Maciej Sołtysiak

I have the same issue. I am running Vista. Do I have to install WDS in order
index network drives? I mean Vista already has its indexing search engine -
why
install WDS, I thought WDS is for XP users to have Vista-like search engine.

IOW, should I install WDS on vista?

Regards,
Maciej

Old January 21st 07, 12:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
Michal Kawecki

"Maciej Sołtysiak" wrote in message
I have the same issue. I am running Vista. Do I have to install WDS in
order to
index network drives? I mean Vista already has its indexing search
engine - why
install WDS, I thought WDS is for XP users to have Vista-like search
engine.

You must only install UNCFATPH plugin. It's compatible with new search
engine in Vista.

IOW, should I install WDS on vista?

No.
--