Vista x64 only partiallly wakes from Sleep

Old March 12th 09, 07:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mazman

Default Vista x64 only partiallly wakes from Sleep

When I try to bring my x64 Vista Ultimate machine out of sleep mode, the
power button (which is already blinking) blinks more rapidly, the CPU and
case fans go on, the hard drive spins up, but the machine never wakes.
There's also no video on the screen.

I've tried troubleshooting by disabling screensavers, unnessary services,
startup programs, etc. but I still have the same problem. I even removed the
video card and used the on-board video to see if that would help but it
didn't.

The bios is the most current available and so are the video card drivers. I
installed the Vista Service Pack 2 beta but it didn't help so I uninstalled
it.

The machine will wake from hibernation mode just fine.

Also, I just installed 64 bit Vista. I had been running 32 bit Vista (which
had no wake from Sleep problems) but I just can't seem to leave well enough
alone.

Thanks.
Old March 13th 09, 12:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bogey Man

"mazman" wrote in message
news
[...]

Your monitor may have a Sleep setting of its own. If your monitor has
software take a look in there for sleep settings.

Old March 13th 09, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mazman

I've checked and the monitor is not the issue.

The clue here is that the power light starts blinking rapidly when I wake
the computer instead of turing a solid color.

"Bogey Man" wrote:

news

Old March 13th 09, 05:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bogey Man

At least that is one thing eliminated.

Have you checked out what events will wake your computer? There could be
other things outside of the power button. I had a computer that would boot
into a different account if the power button was touched....very annoying.

I hope that you find a solution quickly.

--
Ron

"mazman" wrote in message
I've checked and the monitor is not the issue.

The clue here is that the power light starts blinking rapidly when I wake
the computer instead of turing a solid color.

"Bogey Man" wrote:

news

Old March 13th 09, 05:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
mazman

It does the same thing wether I hit the power button, move the mouse or hit
the keyboard. Very annoying.

I'm going to hopfully download Windows 7 RC 1 when it comes out to see if
the machine does the same thing under that OS.

"mazman" wrote in message
I've checked and the monitor is not the issue.

The clue here is that the power light starts blinking rapidly when I wake
the computer instead of turing a solid color.

"Bogey Man" wrote:

news When I try to bring my x64 Vista Ultimate machine out of sleep mode,

Old March 14th 09, 02:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Bogey Man

If you go that route, I wouldn't install over the Vista that has the problem
as you might not solve the problem but add to it.
--
Ron P

Quick questions rarely have quick answers