Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

Old March 17th 09, 08:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
JSKY

Default Unsuccessful backup. I/O device error (0x8007045D)

Hi,

I`m new here. I have 2 external HDD, one 1TB is always connected to PC
and another 250GB pocket one is only for additional back up of back up.
Both of them were formatted in order to be able to do Back Up PC. I was
successful only 2 times with back up and now it doesn`t work. I get this
error I/O device error (0x8007045D). I tried advice as quoted here
below, but unfortunately it didn`t work for me. I think my shadow copies
are in ext. HDDs. I deleted my previous back up, but when I tried to do
again it shows me that I have 2 older ones, though I deleted them and
cannot see it.
I formatted again smaller HDD with less data (back to default) but it
still didn`t work:cry: I got another following error after that: "The
system cannot find the file specified 0x80070002"
How do I delete shadow copies from ext. HDDs without formatting it?
Please help.
Thank you in advance

Happened to me too in both file backup and computer backup. I supposed
MS will address in the future. For now, go to the system settings and
uncheck the drives so they no longer create shadow copies (restore
function in Vista). Apply the new settings to erase all existing shadow
copies. Then reset by checking the boxes you unchecked. Now try to
backup the whole computer again. It appears a shadow copy error is
conflicting with the backup process. Once you delete all shadow copies
(restore points) it will work.

--
JSKY
Old April 1st 09, 04:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
fishmanm

I, too am having problems copying files from one drive to another. After
reading numerous posts on many sites I tried the above solution (delete
restore) but this did not help. I have a Compaq running Vista 32. Any
ideas anyone, please.

--
fishmanm
Old April 9th 09, 03:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
sparkleban

::Hi.

I've had this backup error many times, but when I delete the restore
points it usually works. However, NOW it isn't working. Have tried 3x
today, and the backup won't work.

When will microsoft address this???

Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks::