sudden bluescreen

Old March 18th 09, 05:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Ravi gautam

Default sudden bluescreen

I got a bluescreen a while ago, I troubleshoot according to Wireless
networking problem section on Problems Report and Solutions, but I'm not sure
if the problem will be fixed.
1. I already checked for drivers updates... there are none that I dont have
already.
2. The Diagnose and Repair tool from Network and Sharing Center didnt find
any problem.
3. I have the following parameters in my notebook
OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic
Version 6.0.6001 Service Pack 1 Build 6001
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RAVIGAUTAM-PC
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model Vostro1510
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5670 @ 1.80GHz, 1801 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A11, 31-07-2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale India
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6001.18000"
User Name RaviGautam-PC\Ravi Gautam
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 2.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 1.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 1.08 GB
Total Virtual Memory 4.21 GB
Available Virtual Memory 3.10 GB
Page File Space 2.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys
In the
Event Viewer I got the Fault Bucket:Fault bucket 0xD1_bcmwl6+69511, type 0
I want to know what was the cause of this (in a very specific and technical
manner)
and what to do to prevent to happen again.

Old March 18th 09, 07:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Jane C

"Ravi gautam" Ravi wrote in message
[...]

Hello Ravi,

Fault bucket 0xD1_bcmwl6+69511
There is a problem with your Broadcom NIC driver. Download the latest
driver from Dell support.

--
Jane, not plain 64 bit enabled :-)
MVP - Windows Desktop Experience