Can only use only mouse

Old March 25th 09, 12:05 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
killerl1g

Default Can only use only mouse

My old mouse is dieing so i got a new one, i installed it as i was told
to but it does not work.

When i plug it in saying it was installed ok and there is power getting
to the mouse as it all lights up, but the laser never turns on.

I collected all the working mouses i had avalible and found that none
of them work but if i plug my old mouse in it works right away i really
need help on this as i have uni work that needs to be in soon

--
killerl1g
Old March 25th 09, 02:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
killerl1g

does any one know a way to fix this?

--
killerl1g
Old March 25th 09, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Badger[_2_]

Does your new mouse have an install disk?
Is it the same brand as the old one?

Old March 25th 09, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
killerl1g

my new mouse is the razer lachesis my old mouse is the a standard dell
one that came with my pc, there was a disk that came with the razer
mouse. I installed it as i was told and iv also got the updates from the
razer site, it still did not work. So i uninstalled all the firmeware
and drivers and tryed again but still nothing

--
killerl1g
Old March 25th 09, 10:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Badger[_2_]

You need to talk to Dell about this,
I don't have their phone number though.

Badger

Old March 25th 09, 11:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
killerl1g

i emailed dell support they told me to check that it was properly
connected then try the mouse in safe mode (none of that worked) then
they said restore the pc to factory settings, i told them that sounds a
little extreme to fix this, so they said we will send you a new dell
mouse.

I dont think that will help as i think it might be somthing to do with
serial keys, i found on a forum somewhere that new mices dont have
serial keys and the pc puts them on, so if you have a mouse without a
serial key the computer will ignore it and just look for the old one,
they said i needed to copy the serial key of my mouse in regedit then
paste it onto the new mouse, i have no idea how to do that or if it will
work, but the person who posted it dident seem to know either.

--
killerl1g
Old March 26th 09, 02:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Badger[_2_]

Compare the new Dell mouse with the old one,
If they look alike, it might work.
Give it a try.

Old March 26th 09, 10:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
killerl1g

well it might work, but i dont want a new dell mouse i have a razer...
if it is somthing to do with serial keys it wont work any way

--
killerl1g