Any chance my monitor will work with Vista?

Old March 27th 09, 06:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
Richard Urban

Default Any chance my monitor will work with Vista?

Monitors do not need drivers to work with an operating system. They work
fine during the initial boot right. There is no operating even loaded at
that point - therefore no drivers are loaded.

--

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP

"pdsnickles" wrote in message

Thanks for that info.
I guess what confuses me is DELL doesn't have any drivers listed on
their site for this monitor.
I guess that could mean that it does not need one because it WILL work
as is...?

Does anyone have any idea how I can find out for SURE? I know I could
call Dell but I am short on $ and don't want to pay for tech support and
it's out of warranty.

I have a question posted on their forum but have not got a definitive
answer there, either.

Thanks for the info so far. I hope someone can give me a more
definitive answer or tell me how to find out.

Oh, and I DID run the Vista Upgrade Advisor on my XP machine and it's
been scanning for like an hour. I think it's not working... I'll give it
another hour before I kill it. I don't know what else to do, to find
out. I'd appreciate any ideas as whether or not I keep this machine and
set it up (hopefully) tomorrow depends on this issue. I don't want to
open the box unless I'm 99% sure my monitor will work with Vista 64bit
Premium.

--
pdsnickles

signature database 3970 (20090327) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3970 (20090327) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old March 28th 09, 06:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pdsnickles[_2_]

Thanks to all for setting me straight on this issue.
I'll be hooking it up tomorrow and expect no problems.
If you don't hear back from me then - as I expect - you were right.
Thanks again.
I'm sure I'll be back to this forum with Vista questions once I get set
up.

--
pdsnickles
Old March 28th 09, 06:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_devices
pdsnickles[_2_]

p.s. Though it was a "side issue" in this thread, I am now willing to
bet that Dreamweaver will work with Vista under the Compatibility Wizard
settings.
IF it does, I am going to write back to Adobe and give them hell for
either not knowing, or lying, in saying it would not, to get me to buy a
new version.

--
pdsnickles